2021 Adventure 208 Build

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
One area to spend some time reviewing is the deck/hull joint at the transom. Maybe investigate having it glassed if you need to. I'm planning to do this on my boat over the winter.
I did mine on my 2002. Can’t understand why they would leave a gap there. Horrible design and guaranteed to be the demise of your transom.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Depending on your location, they have web sales products/ business and in person. When speaking with them, they seem to have more options available if you go to there store from a customization perspective.

I ordered a starboard panel. Pretty amazing turnaround...Ordered 9pm on a Sunday and they shipped it by 3pm on Monday, 3 days before Xmas.
I called Grady, they said they don’t have that spec for the 2002. Would you mine measuring your panel for me ?

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I called Grady, they said they don’t have that spec for the 2002. Would you mine measuring your panel for me ?
This is what Grady sent me. Its has the dimensions on it although this is for a 2021. Not sure if it will be the same for other model years.

Attachments

amamola

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a 2000 228 but below are my measurements
- Actual Opening: 18.5x7
- Compartment Lid: 19.25x 7-7/8
- My Panel: 20-7/16 x 9.25

Just a note, the opening of that compartment looked like it changed between 2000 and 2004. Mine has a consistent 3/8in lip and then it changed to have a much larger lip/ ledge on the starboard side.

I actually just installed 2 GO9s yesterday. My desire was to cover the old holes from the hinges and allow the next owner to revert back to the compartment if they want to without fiberglass work. The faux wood will probably bother me enough to change out in the near future unless I repower and will do a full panel.

Attachments

amamola

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This is what Grady sent me. Its has the dimensions on it although this is for a 2021. Not sure if it will be the same for other model years.
That’s really close to what I measured on my 2000 228. The 1/4in seems on the thicker side though. Maybe newer models are more recessed than how mine is. I can see mine being just under 1/4in if you include the gasket/ rubber seal thatis on the backside