2021 Adventure 208 Build

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
One area to spend some time reviewing is the deck/hull joint at the transom. Maybe investigate having it glassed if you need to. I'm planning to do this on my boat over the winter.

I did mine on my 2002. Can’t understand why they would leave a gap there. Horrible design and guaranteed to be the demise of your transom.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Depending on your location, they have web sales products/ business and in person. When speaking with them, they seem to have more options available if you go to there store from a customization perspective.

I ordered a starboard panel. Pretty amazing turnaround...Ordered 9pm on a Sunday and they shipped it by 3pm on Monday, 3 days before Xmas.
I called Grady, they said they don’t have that spec for the 2002. Would you mine measuring your panel for me ?

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I called Grady, they said they don’t have that spec for the 2002. Would you mine measuring your panel for me ?

This is what Grady sent me. Its has the dimensions on it although this is for a 2021. Not sure if it will be the same for other model years.

Attachments

• template.JPG
    template.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 27

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

I have a 2000 228 but below are my measurements
- Actual Opening: 18.5x7
- Compartment Lid: 19.25x 7-7/8
- My Panel: 20-7/16 x 9.25

Just a note, the opening of that compartment looked like it changed between 2000 and 2004. Mine has a consistent 3/8in lip and then it changed to have a much larger lip/ ledge on the starboard side.

I actually just installed 2 GO9s yesterday. My desire was to cover the old holes from the hinges and allow the next owner to revert back to the compartment if they want to without fiberglass work. The faux wood will probably bother me enough to change out in the near future unless I repower and will do a full panel.

Attachments

• 2D32A240-EAF2-4A6C-8BD9-1730ACD67BEC.jpeg
    2D32A240-EAF2-4A6C-8BD9-1730ACD67BEC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
This is what Grady sent me. Its has the dimensions on it although this is for a 2021. Not sure if it will be the same for other model years.

That’s really close to what I measured on my 2000 228. The 1/4in seems on the thicker side though. Maybe newer models are more recessed than how mine is. I can see mine being just under 1/4in if you include the gasket/ rubber seal thatis on the backside

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Now that I have my boat and am beginning projects on her, I figured I’d start a thread of all the upgrades I complete.

Shout out to Schock Boats in Newport Beach for making the purchase easy and fun.

Below are pictures of her arrival in Newport Beach, prior to the Matson shipment to Hawaii.
Factory and dealer installed options:
-Yamaha F200 DEC
-Painted gelcoat Hardtop with rocket launchers
-Gelcoat (Seaglass Green)
-Head with pump out
-Stratoglass enclosure (ivory) with rear drop curtain
-flush mounted Garmin 942xs + linked to CL7 and hard mounted radio with 6’ antennae.
-cockpit shower
-cockpit bolsters

-Aluminum trailer with sliding tongue, guides, and torsion axles
View attachment 16225
View attachment 16226
View attachment 16227
View attachment 16228
View attachment 16229
View attachment 16230
Beautiful boat, best of luck! What island are you on?

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Like the look of the modern stuff like yours. Gorgeous boat in that color!

To those that want to put a slick carbon look on a plexi panel... Pick your poison: https://amzn.to/36EcO8x

Black aryclic panels look money, and match Grady's black panels. Bottom one, I cut on CNC and top one (added 3rd yam guage) I cut with jigsaw just by tracing old panel. Jigsaw is way faster! Now I get to enlarge the bottom one to fit a 7" Striker vs 5". I bought this Carbon fiberwrap that I plan on puting on the plexi/acrylic but haven't done it yet.

IMG_0484.jpgIMG_5341.jpgIMG_0511.jpg

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Came out great. Love the contrast and perfect fit for the opening. Nice work.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream

To those that want to put a slick carbon look on a plexi panel... Pick your poison: https://amzn.to/36EcO8x

Black aryclic panels look money, and match Grady's black panels. Bottom one, I cut on CNC and top one (added 3rd yam guage) I cut with jigsaw just by tracing old panel. Jigsaw is way faster! Now I get to enlarge the bottom one to fit a 7" Striker vs 5". I bought this Carbon fiberwrap that I plan on puting on the plexi/acrylic but haven't done it yet.

This was cut with a jig saw ?!
View attachment 18733View attachment 18734View attachment 18736

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ya the gauge panel was cut on jigsaw with plexiglass blade. It’s 1/2” thick. Cut super clean actually then I filed edges. 3/8” thick would be ideal.

I had to design the bottom panel in CAD then get my dad to cut it out with his CNC router. It actually didn’t cut as clean as you’d think because you have to dial it in for plexi and he didn’t know. The screws are recessed but where it plunged and didn’t cut very clean so I might put bigger screws.

I wouldn’t hesitate to cut plexi again with jigsaw as long as it’s 3/8” thick or more.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream

View attachment 18733View attachment 18734View attachment 18736

What speakers are those looks pretty cool!

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Pictures of the boat in it’s new home without the canvas and pictures with the canvas installed. It was very easy to put up, I highly recommend following the videos Stratoglass has for cleaning and polishing the clear parts. Also a closer look at the sliding tongue on the trailer, which will come in handy for some of the harbors here.

Any chance you can tell me how far the bunks are apart? I got a new trailer for mine and need to set it up!
View attachment 17411
View attachment 17412
View attachment 17414View attachment 17413

Alweidner

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Beautiful boat. I have a 2021 228 on order and doing some research on the electronics that I will have installed. If you can post some pictures of what you did on the helm and the upper boxes that would be great. Good luck with it

Koakine88

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
No problem, I’ll be back home tomorrow and can grab some pictures. I did nothing with the top box, I just use that for lure bag storage.

I have just surpassed 50 hours on the boat and have enjoyed some great trips all around Oahu. Caught ourselves a nice striped marlin a few weeks ago, did a handful of boat camping trips in Kaneohe Bay and the West side. Loving the boat and it’s capabilities.

I recently installed Deckadence Marine carpet to my cockpit. It was easy to install and definitely improves the safety aspect and comfort onboard. The factory non-skid just doesn’t do well enough on choppy days and I had a few people already slip and fall when working lines. This stuff is nice and thick, is quickly removable (no glue or mounts), it’s own weight and rubber grip bottom hold it in place. Water flows through it nicely and to clean I just lift it up and spray under it. Every few trips I take it out to scrub the deck. It’s a huge upgrade for sure and I highly recommend it.

F1697E70-53B1-4D3A-A873-4AED0DAE0CA0.jpeg
DECKadence Marine flooring ^

2398B7AE-412A-4493-8B86-37B576DFF556.jpeg
Some Sandbar rafting ^

5A0F0E7A-79F9-42AB-AB2D-20B8AF2F4420.jpeg
E2112CA9-8298-4928-8C55-E71A468A89CA.jpeg

5548565F-F7D5-4066-87A3-CD80334C096C.jpeg

A nice gift from the Grady-White factory.

Reactions: Facially Endowed

Alweidner

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No problem, I’ll be back home tomorrow and can grab some pictures. I did nothing with the top box, I just use that for lure bag storage.

I have just surpassed 50 hours on the boat and have enjoyed some great trips all around Oahu. Caught ourselves a nice striped marlin a few weeks ago, did a handful of boat camping trips in Kaneohe Bay and the West side. Loving the boat and it’s capabilities.

I recently installed Deckadence Marine carpet to my cockpit. It was easy to install and definitely improves the safety aspect and comfort onboard. The factory non-skid just doesn’t do well enough on choppy days and I had a few people already slip and fall when working lines. This stuff is nice and thick, is quickly removable (no glue or mounts), it’s own weight and rubber grip bottom hold it in place. Water flows through it nicely and to clean I just lift it up and spray under it. Every few trips I take it out to scrub the deck. It’s a huge upgrade for sure and I highly recommend it.

View attachment 19000
DECKadence Marine flooring ^

View attachment 18999
Some Sandbar rafting ^

View attachment 18998
View attachment 18996

View attachment 19001

A nice gift from the Grady-White factory.
Nice fish and the boat looks great