2021 Adventure 208 Build

Koakine88

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Maiden voyage went very well. Just spent a few hours getting past the first two main break-in periods. I loved how she handled, when we pushed further offshore out of the lee it was pretty snotty and the boat handled it like a beast. Very happy with the ride, handling, and especially the enclosure for keeping me dry.

Only found one discrepancy with the boat. The washdown was not getting any water pressure despite the seacock being open, switch on and reset, and the valve at the hose on. Will have to troubleshoot the pump next.

15EF6268-6E63-4EE6-BB2B-9224D0B89876.jpeg
AA831595-C2C4-48A7-9391-EA6EC037B0E9.jpeg
DFDC2B0F-59EE-422A-B692-1680F59C2E88.jpeg
50724E7A-BCF5-4E8F-AF82-CED33869B017.jpeg
AB0B279F-4379-4E52-8968-CE63363A6B54.jpeg

D4FCA48B-5AE2-4711-B9B3-BEF6CDEEA91D.jpeg

Last edited:

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Is this the charger you mounted??

GPS store sale.

Screenshot_20201125-181123_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201125-181123_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201125-181123_Chrome.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 1

Fishtales

Reaction score
I don't think you'll have any issues hearing the music!

Reactions: Walleyze

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I guess the Garmin 942xs shows the engine function gauges as there does not appear to have a gauges on the dashboard. Is this how you bought it or did they come with the gauges and you removed then for the Garmin? I am still old school with command link gauges and have not seen this before, although I can connect to my outboard with my ageing Lowrance and get my engine functions. Rely on the gauges as they are always looking at me without having to bring them up on the screen. Beautiful work on install and a little envy for the environment you play in.

Last edited:

Koakine88

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I guess the Garmin 942xs shows the engine function gauges as there does not appear to have a gauges on the dashboard. Is this how you bought it or did they come with the gauges and you removed then for the Garmin?

The top screen is actually a CL7 display which comes with the DEC outboards. The CL7 normally shows all the engine info, but once connected to my chart plotter via ethernet I can have it show fish finder, charts, radio, engine, etc. It’s a pretty versatile set up.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up.......one of these days......maybe just maybe for Christmas. Would settle for the Garmin chart plotter as I have manual controls. Keep sending pics, as a vicarious boating experience is certainly better than no recent fishing trips here at home.

Koakine88

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Some more trip pictures. Trolled from Haleiwa to Makua and trolled the drop-off on the West side. The winds picked up at sunset (not typical), normally it calms down at night when it cools off, all weather reports indicated light winds later on. Ka’ena Point was an absolute mess getting back around to the North Shore. Steep 4-6 footers with no back in 25 knot winds and higher gusts. Was thankful for the canvas, otherwise it would’ve been miserable.

New rule: No going around Ka’ena Point at night, because if there was not a nice full moon highlighting the swell and chop, it would’ve been a nightmare. The Grady handled it as well as it could, but I literally got a cramp under my right shoulder blade for the constant throttle jockying to keep control and minimize the abuse. As long as I didn’t jump the crest of a wave, we barely even had hull slap. Slow and steady and she plowed through nicely. I am definitely ready to upgrade to a 4 blade prop for more ”grip”, I will likely be able to count on one hand how many times I can even get close to top speeds with the conditions we normally have here. Let alone planing speeds...

Ka’ena Point has a bank that extends out a few miles and is only about 100 feet deep. On either side it drops off to about 1,500-2,000 feet very quickly. The worst we saw was right over the bank, where there were steep waves partially breaking with a hand full almost double the size as the rest. Luckily that was short lived, otherwise we would’ve had to abort and get a friend to bring my trailer to Waianae.

I used to always boat on the West side and love it for the lee you get from the mountains. Now that I live on the North Shore I keep getting drawn back around the point to that side, but have to always know there is a chance I won’t be able to safely go back around on some days.

Photos are of the down swell run around Ka’ena Point to the West Side and a peaceful anchoring at Makua. The calm ”before the storm”.

Side note: fixed the water pressure issue, apparently the hose nozzle has a variable tip that closes, the pump was working fine :D. Found a few loose items that needed some tightening up. The 4 screws on the bottom of the passenger seat kept coming loose, oddly it has these thin washers underneath that have such a wide inside diameter that they fall out of the screws if loose even just a little. These washers kept allowing the screws to loosen, where the drivers seat has no washers and all screws have remained tight. Also, the port side rear seat grab handle bolt backed out and it the entire handle came loose. Had to tighten that back down. Going to keep a bottle of loctite on the boat now for sure along with the tool kit.

8205A5F4-E22B-4271-82B7-6B44710E2178.jpeg
8BAB0784-5BF2-465E-B8F6-23A38D84EB88.jpeg

8D5B41E2-3B64-4957-A04C-ED0866A0CFB4.jpeg

EA3FDDF8-2F11-4DFA-AA8F-2493F260B330.jpeg

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
The blue of the water is beautiful. Add the background and the boat and you have some really excellent pics.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
The electronics look excellent. Nice use of the space. Where did you get the flush panel? That's exactly what I plan on doing with mine. Thanks
Second that! Any luck finding this ?

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Second that! Any luck finding this ?

Yes I did find it. I ordered it through a company called TAP Plastic. I went with 1/2" black gloss plexi. I put in the dimensions, radius on the corners, eased edge, etc. It is scheduled to be delivered this week I will let you know what I think when it comes.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Yes I did find it. I ordered it through a company called TAP Plastic. I went with 1/2" black gloss plexi. I put in the dimensions, radius on the corners, eased edge, etc. It is scheduled to be delivered this week I will let you know what I think when it comes.

awesome ! Did you have to send them a template ? Defiantly want to do this can’t wait to see how yours came out .

TJM

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
awesome ! Did you have to send them a template ? Defiantly want to do this can’t wait to see how yours came out .
I called Grady and they sent me the template and the dimensions. I just went to the Tap Plastics website and inputted the dimensions from the template. Couldn't have been easier. I'm not sure all of the model years are the same though.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I called Grady and they sent me the template and the dimensions. I just went to the Tap Plastics website and inputted the dimensions from the template. Couldn't have been easier. I'm not sure all of the model years are the same though.
Awsome ! I’ll call, do you have a number ?

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
(252) 752-2111

Depending on your location, they have web sales products/ business and in person. When speaking with them, they seem to have more options available if you go to there store from a customization perspective.

I ordered a starboard panel. Pretty amazing turnaround...Ordered 9pm on a Sunday and they shipped it by 3pm on Monday, 3 days before Xmas.

Jzeno186

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Depending on your location, they have web sales products/ business and in person. When speaking with them, they seem to have more options available if you go to there store from a customization perspective.

I ordered a starboard panel. Pretty amazing turnaround...Ordered 9pm on a Sunday and they shipped it by 3pm on Monday, 3 days before Xmas.

I was able to find the video on YouTube I believe KonaKine88 was talking about. I emailed the guy he told me to mail him out a template with my chart plotter template taped on and he will create the panel.