208 Adventure killed off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GW22

Reaction score
I happen to love the 208 perfict for inland lakes and costal striper fishing and nice little cuddy to get out of the weather, I dont like center consoles. some do I dint mean to stir the pot just dont understand why a company woul stop making 3 great sellers. I dont need to be bashed for speaking my mind. most people on here have been kind but ??

GW22

Reaction score
Boy… that escalated quickly lol.

To the topic at hand, I always thought it was a bit interesting how they had essentially a 21’ WA, then a 22’ WA and finally a 23’ WA. I wondered why they had, or thought they needed, 3 WA’s that are all “similar” in length to one another. Obviously the boats are all a little bit different in that the 232 Gulfstream has a 9’3” beam and the option for twin main motors whereas the other two only have an 8’ beam and single engine main only. On top of that, both the 228 Seafarer and 232 Gulfstream have the transom bracket on the back, or at least have that option, whereas the 208 Adventure does not. But yes, having the 208 Adventure with an 8’ beam and then a 228 Seafarer also with an 8’ beam seamed rather silly to be on a style of boat that most people don’t seem to even consider. In the Seattle area people pretty much only use WA’s but elsewhere throughout the country it seems like 75-80% or maybe even more are DC’s and CC’s. Ultimately GW needs to do what is best for them and what they sell the most models of but I do still miss seeing the 228 Seafarer being available.
I live on the east coast and we like our walk around cuddys, if ya do any amount of striper fishing you wuld see why. I happen to like cuddys and a 8 foot beam is also trailerable here in PA. anything over 8.6 needs a special permit that we dont want to purchase. I trailer my boats 20 footer is a fine fishing boat, and yes this got heated real fast, I was just shocked when Grady stoped listing the 208. it was bad when they stopped producing the 22.8 just dident make sense. sorry if I stirred the pot.

GW22

Reaction score
208 no longer appears on the GW website. Walkaround Cabins overview page adjusted to reference only 2 models, so I assume it's intentional.

Hopefully announcement for a 208/228 replacement coming?
That would be good, but not if the beam is over 8.6

seasick

Reaction score
WOH dint mean to offend you, man I live in the U.S.A. were I strongly belive in freedom of speech thank you. I was just makeing a point !
I suggest you make your point on Facebook or twitter, not on Great Grady.

Status
Not open for further replies.