208 owners

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It would be very interesting to know how many 208 owners there are who frequent Great Grady. It appears to me we are a Great Grady Minority. Most of the forum is taken up with the bigger boats. With all the talk of mods, motor preferences, cabin room, sleeping arrangements (appears to be more than one) number of motors, etc. I guess I am getting a bit of a complex. Yes we are almost the smallest model but it is still a Grady and I believe it is certainly the best boat I have ever owned, and I have had a few. AnywayI have been away from the fold for awhile listening with little participation, so I'm back dragging a little attitude. So speak up and lets see if we can rally with a few numbers. Looking forward to a bunch. Cheers, trapper PS Still unable to get photos from photobucket to the site. Small boat and handicapped? Maybe!

Pay2Play

Reaction score
I'm one, count me in. I think it's the biggest 20' wa out there. Had a small cc prior, but had to pick my days for fishing on lake erie. Can't wait till spring! I don't post much, but always look forward to the 208 posts.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I check in about every day. Have to stay up on things.
I keep mine in Georgetown, SC and run the rivers and sounds.
Georgetown208.jpg

Current 208
100_0708a.jpg

Former 208

westar

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
I am here daily checking out what's new. I've found a ton of great information on the site about how to make modifications and repairs. Love the site. Great resource.

RBallou

Reaction score
I'm with you. I boat on Lake Erie and this is a wonderful boat that I have had for 12 years--long term satisfaction.

Attachments

• Boat wallpaper.jpg
    Boat wallpaper.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 5,790

SwampGrizz

Reaction score
Trapper,
I'm a 228G owner, essentially the same boat except streched out a little. I look at this board every day, and I have found it to be a wealth of information. There are some very sharp people on the board, and they have been very kind to share their knowledge and experience. Even when I read some of the threads about the bigger boats, I still manage to learn something. One other thing that needs mentioning - the Grady White support/service people are great. I have called and emailed them several times with questions or minor problems, and they have gotten right back to me with just the answers I need. Think about that. I did'nt even buy the boat from them, but they still respond quickly with a professional attitude. How many other corporations treat a third party product user this well? I'm not shilling for them, just impressed with the way they do business. Good luck with the boat, and post about it regularly.

Swamp Grizz

Clockwork

Reaction score
how about a 204? thats how i roll. the 204/208 are the biggest 20 footers ever made.

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Like Grady Crazy, I run my 208 on the ICW and the rivers and bays in coastal SC. We have the exact same set up with Yamaha F200 and a hard top. We even keep at the same marina, although I have never met GC. It is the perfect boat for my small family. I check here once or twice a week and enjoy reading the posts. Heck, I just might learn something!
002.jpg

antaris

Reaction score
208s rule the seas! :dance :dance

E0kzG.jpg

Small but potent!

M39Xr.jpg

a pocket battleship!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I am not a 208 owner but I did have a 192 before I bought my current 228. With that said this forum welcomes all and especially those owners of Grady from 18 to 36 feet. My dream boat per se is the Express 330. If this economy and real estate market ever turn around I am converting one of my cabins here in the Smoky Mountains to an Express 330. I will follow those threads to see what kind of problems those owners may be having and so forth.

The other side of it there are some standard Grady or boat issues that pop up regardless of the number of motors or how many feet of waterline are under you. There are many owners here who are helpful in solving those problems.

Having owned two smaller Gradys they do seem to pack a lot of boat in a little space. When we owned our 192 it was the king of 19 footers especially dual consoles. It handled chop well, was comfy to ride in for a 19 footer and we loved it. The 228 225 226 hull is a great 22 foot hull and there is something about a Grady ride. I took some friends fishing last Memorial Day and ran out of Sebastian Inlet in Florida. One of the guys I knew but he never has fished with me before. Seas were 2-4 with maybe 8 second period and this guy noted to me that he has been on a few boats in his 45 years of living and he was impressed with the ride of the 228. He said some guys he has fished with in the past that their boats some 25 feet long he never really felt confident in the boat and has not fished with those again. Yet his confidence could also be shaken in the capitan too.

Anyway, the 208 is a nice boat. I looked at it but wanted a bigger boat and funny I still do :wink:

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
My 94 208 has met my expectations in every way and I could not be happier or more satisfied, it's the perfect size boat for me.
Here she is on the day we brought her home from the dealer.

IMG_0002.jpg

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It is a relief to know that there are a few of us riding a 208 and happy to be doing it. The size makes no never-mind to the enjoyment of our Gradys and I do agree that this site is full of information for everyone. The application of those kind enough to share their knowledge, certainly applies to us all. I believe I was just attempting to zero in on how many of us 208 owners are out there and if they all enjoyed their ride as much as we do. The only thing that separates us from the Marlin 300 is a tiny adjustment to our bank account, which we all know is just more "zeros". I have had dealings with Grady White and although I purchased my boat second-hand, they certainly have been there for me. Thanks for your responses and I will be posting photos soon of our life with a Grady. Cheers trapper.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
You should be able to post photos in the 208 section of the photo library. I posted photos last winter of our 228 and I recall that I had to resize them...I think. I am still illiterate when it comes to adding a photo in my signature :lol:

J-cubed

Reaction score
I purchased her new in 1997. She is my baby. Some guys have their Corvette, some their Harley. I have the Grady. She is docked on Saginaw Bay / Lake Huron all summer. The wife and I use her to fish for walleyes and believe that we have one of the nicest boats out there. I have heard on more than one occasion people say "Look it's a Grady White". You don't see many Gradys on the bay.

cedarholm

Reaction score
J-cubed said:
I purchased her new in 1997. She is my baby. Some guys have their Corvette, some their Harley. I have the Grady. She is docked on Saginaw Bay / Lake Huron all summer. The wife and I use her to fish for walleyes and believe that we have one of the nicest boats out there. I have heard on more than one occasion people say "Look it's a Grady White". You don't see many Gradys on the bay.

Very nice! Rock solid boat.

I'm up in Hessel, MI running the Escape 209. (1993)

Biscayne208

Reaction score
mine is a 93' that I picked up 2 years ago with less than 100 hrs on her. She was even stolen last year and after 8 days thankfully returned by our local PD. I cannot express how happy I was to have her back. No insurance settlement could replace how I have her set up. Im with SmokyMtnGrady. I wont even think of replacement until the budget allows for a 33 or 36 express GW.

IMG_2107.jpg

photo.jpg

IMG_1089-1.jpg

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Had the Escape. I think the wife and my sons will admit to having more fun on it than any other boat I owned. Ran the crap out of it, pulled wake boards, crabbed fished and partied like heck. Is the Escape the same hull as the 208?

todd0915

Reaction score
just bought my 208 and jumped right in to fix it up like new.It was already re powered f200 yamaha,changing the interior,hope to have the boat back on the water soon(can't wait)have had many boats but already love this one