208 Tackle Drawer Rebuild

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I was lucky enough to track down the folks who made the drawer parts for the underseat storage on my 1993 GW- 208.
Envorinex is located in Australia and they were able to send the parts I needed, cut to my specs. I already had a door hatch made by boatoutfitters and I was miraculously able to screw the original drawer unit carcass to the inside with the measurements I gave them. The drawers are now slightly smaller but I am now once again able to use the two drawers, which I had removed years ago. I was just using the area as one unruly storage spot. I also replace the original black acrylic drawer faces and replaced them with new starboard faces I machined in the shop.
This corona virus thing really gave me an opportunity to catch up on a lot of maintenance things that I had just let go to the wayside. I even spent $30 on new warning decals and a capacity plate (which is really just a sticker). I may sandwich that in between two pieces of plexiglass and screw it where the original aluminum plate was

Attachments

• DrawerUnit-RZ.jpg
    DrawerUnit-RZ.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 39
  • TackleDrawer-RZ.jpg
    TackleDrawer-RZ.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 39
  • TackleDrawerFRont-RZ.jpg
    TackleDrawerFRont-RZ.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Sdfish and leeccoll