208 with F150 Prop?

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I've got a 2006 Grady 208 with a F150. I have the yamaha stock 17m prop. It is a 13 3/4 diameter and 17 pitch prop. Current WOT is 5500 rpm and 36mph. I'm thinking of trying a new prop. Perhaps a 15 pitch. Curious what everyone else is using? From my research I believe WOT rpm closer to 6,000 would be better. Any thoughts?

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hi Mark -, same boat, same motor. Picture of my stainless prop attached, honestly don't know how to read it. I reached out to Ken at Prop Gods a while and shared my stats and he said he would stay with what I have. I have hit 37.5 mph - but that is with a pretty heavy load -2 to 3 adults, 32 gallon bait tank and 60 lbs ice, also half to full fuel tank. I think my RPMs maxed out around 5,700, not sure though. I get 3 mpg consistently. I am not going for speed though, more so efficiency. I do not have trim tabs.

Attachments

• prop details.JPG
    prop details.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hi Mark -, same boat, same motor. Picture of my stainless prop attached, honestly don't know how to read it. I reached out to Ken at Prop Gods a while and shared my stats and he said he would stay with what I have. I have hit 37.5 mph - but that is with a pretty heavy load -2 to 3 adults, 32 gallon bait tank and 60 lbs ice, also half to full fuel tank. I think my RPMs maxed out around 5,700, not sure though. I get 3 mpg consistently. I am not going for speed though, more so efficiency. I do not have trim tabs.
Thanks for reply. You have a 15 pitch prop. I believe the same prop as mine but I have a 17 pitch prop. It appears a 15 pitch may be a little better for me.

seasick

Reaction score
That looks like an OEM Saltwater II Yami prop. The WOT range for that motor is 5,000 to 6,000 rpm. The question is " how well is that set up working for you" Or more importantly what do you need in your setup performance characteristics? Maybe you need a better hole shot and less top end speed. Maybe you could benefit from a 4 blade prop. Point is that you have to specify what your needs are

I think that the actual diameter is stamped somewhere on the inside of the hub but the prop has to be removed to see it. Your pitch is 15 inch based on the 15-M logo on the outside hub. I think the factory diameter was 15 3/4 inch.
Also keep in mind that you can't compare other posters performance without knowing their specific engine and corresponding LU gear ratios. Yours probably is 1.86

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Locatiin is on the Chesapeake Bay. Yes I have trim tabs. Seasick.... Current prop is 13.75 diameter 17 pitch. I am happy with current prop. Looking for a slightly higher wot rpm. To avoid lugging the motor. I tried a 4 blade but could only get 5100 rpms and at low rpms it vibrated terribly. I am more interested in hearing what others are using with the same boat and same engine?