257 Fisherman Windlass Wiring

Kbshaw11

Reaction score
I have a 2019 257 Fisherman. Does anyone know if Grady installs the wiring for a windlass from the factory even though the boat did not have it as an option?

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
You can look for a 10 Gauge pair of wires up there that go back to the fuse panel under the dash.
My 265 had them and I didn't have a winch.
They are for the solenoid, not for powering the winch itself. You need 6 gauge wire for that and a 70A breaker at the battery.

lowelife

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
You can look for a 10 Gauge pair of wires up there that go back to the fuse panel under the dash.
My 265 had them and I didn't have a winch.
They are for the solenoid, not for powering the winch itself. You need 6 gauge wire for that and a 70A breaker at the battery.
My 2017 257 was prewired.

Kbshaw11

Reaction score
Call Grady and ask.
I did call this morning but the customer service person is on vacation until November 14. I will take a closer look when I am at the boat. I' hoping it has the wiring. The dealer thought it should.

Kbshaw11

Reaction score
I spoke with Carolyn at Grady and she said that the 6 guage wiring is included in the harness whether it has a factory windlass or not. She sent a picture of where they will be. They terminate at the helm. That is very good news!!

Reactions: SkunkBoat

seasick

Reaction score
I spoke with Carolyn at Grady and she said that the 6 guage wiring is included in the harness whether it has a factory windlass or not. She sent a picture of where they will be. They terminate at the helm. That is very good news!!
Where do they originate? Are you prewired to the chain locker?

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
On my 255, the windlass harness was coiled up and ziptied inside the anchor locker. The other end was also coiled and found inside the console near the power block.

seasick

Reaction score
On my 255, the windlass harness was coiled up and ziptied inside the anchor locker. The other end was also coiled and found inside the console near the power block.
That would do as long as the accessory panel can handle the extra current draw.

Kbshaw11

Reaction score
I'll be at the boat this weekend and will take a look. Also, Grady sells the panel to replace the locker lid with the windlass mount panel and hardware. Around $1,000 though plus the windlass.