265 Express Upgrades

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Now that I've figured out how to resize and post photos I thought I'd share a few from some of the off-season projects on my 265 over the last two winters. A lot of the work was wiring and is out of sight but it was a rat's nest under the dash and in the electronics boxes. I now know and have labeled where everything comes from and goes, redid all the small gauge wire connections on actual terminal bars and redid all the connections with adhesive shrink wrap crimps.

Added some USB charging ports, couple in place of the original 12v plug and a couple new ones in the overhead compartment on a mounting base made of some leftover starboard from what was one of the bigger projects, a replacement for the starboard overhead door that used to house a switch and the original VHF. The original VHF migrated over but I added another one (that has its own GPS built in) as well as a wired remote for the stereo and a new switch panel, only using a couple so far but I've got plans for most of the others eventually. The door is still hinged and can open (I've since replaced the old broken hinges) but the big screws on the bottom transfer the weight to the frame and keep things from bouncing around at all.
IMG_0475-L.jpg

IMG_0500-L.jpg

Replaced the blown cockpit speakers with a pair of JL M650s and added an amp to push them, great sound and easily heard while running. As seen in the other post, I replaced the net pocket in the cabin with another starboard panel and mounted the amp and stereo on it.
IMG_0468-L.jpg

Added two rod holders in the transom door before I had the door resurfaced. Great holders for storage while running or if I need to shift rods to make space for landing a fish, I'd like to add a couple more.
IMG_0472-L.jpg

Replaced the pump on the head and installed a new wash down pump. The ball joints on the seacock pull rods had both rotted away and after a lengthy search I found a perfect replacement - in stainless steel this time. Replaced the nav, cabin and spreader lights with LEDs. I also did the conversion on my trailer to electric over hydraulic and that has been fantastic.

Brett

eppem

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing and it looks great - where did you find the replacement ball joints in SS? I have the same boat and will need to replace in the near future as well - thanks!

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Got mine from Midwest Control Products (midwestcontrol.com), part number is SQI-312 for the 5/16-24 thread that was a direct replacement. Cost me around $32 for the pair.