265 scupper hoses

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Probably common sense, but figured I'd post this as a reminder. If you are inspecting your drain hoses, don't trust just looking at the tops of them like I did. Get a mirror or remote camera and look at the undersides.

A month or so ago, I was going to replace mine, but after I cut out the battery trays and looked at the tops of the hoses, I figured I'd wait till the off-season.

Fast forward to the news of the capsized 265, I decided I better just get it done. Once I got them out, the undersides were pretty cracked. A couple of spots maybe even look like they had been dripping.

Along with the hoses, I'm also installing a high water alarm, and an emergency aft bilge.

Inspect the hoses!

Tops of the hoses

20230621_193306.jpg

Bottom of the hoses

20230621_193215.jpg

Reactions: mjm1957

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
what is the "text book" correct hose for this application? ill probably mine in the next few months

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I can’t upload a photo because it says it’s too large. Anyway, mine looked much worse than this and the boat was lift kept. These hoses are absolutely critical to change out in advance of needing to change them out. You change your oil before the motor blows up? I’m not saying annually but these boats are all at least 20 years old.

Reactions: Saltyone

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
what is the "text book" correct hose for this application? ill probably mine in the next few months
I don't know the spec, but for what I understand since they are essentially below the water line, they need to be "collapse" resistant. As Skunk mentioned, use the white vinyl helix series 148. I picked it up at West Marine. It has a plastic "coil" in the hose versus the metal coil that was used, so don't need to worry about it rusting.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Those are some fugly looking hoses. Good decision changing them. I would also check your wash down hose too, thats what tried to sink me.