282 Sailfish Cabin Moisture Control

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I put mine up on the counter so that it drains into the sink and overboard versus into the bilge from the floor drain. You might be surprised how much water those produce. Unless that drains into a sump, draining it into the bilge may create further problems for you. If it drains into a sump then you’ll have to have your batteries on for it to pump it overboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: OGBobbyG

OGBobbyG

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I put mine up on the counter so that it drains into the sink and overboard versus into the bilge from the floor drain. You might be surprised how much water those produce. Unless that drains into a sump, draining it into the bilge may create further problems for you. If it drains into a sump then you’ll have to have your batteries on for it to pump it overboard.
I didnt even think about this. I may need to re position it.

tunagrady

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looks good.
Have you thought of placing the dehumidifier to the right of the sink and letting it drain into the sink overboard instead of to the bilge?
Just my .02

Edit - sorry, I probably should have read the reply after your post.
Yes, if you drain it into the head floor it goes into a small holding “box” with a pump. I’d rather have gravity do the work, as my float switch has stuck on that pump before.

Last edited:
Reactions: OGBobbyG

OGBobbyG

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looks good.
Have you thought of placing the dehumidifier to the right of the sink and letting it drain into the sink overboard instead of to the bilge?
Just my .02

Edit - sorry, I probably should have read the reply after your post.
Yes, if you drain it into the head floor it goes into a small holding “box” with a pump. I’d rather have gravity do the work, as my float switch has stuck on that pump before.
The thing is I would like to make this De humidifier more of a permanent installation in the boat. I think on top of the stove so it drains to the sink would be a bit in the way. Also that may have to be removed every time we leave dock.