33 express

redrover

Reaction score
I look at it this way, how bad does your dealership want to sell a boat. If it's anything like mine, when I went in, there was no line to wait in. To me it's a huge investment, and any jack leg sitting in a show room can resight the specs on a grady if he's reading the current brochure all day. Not to say that all sales persons don't know the business, but the ride is what sold us on our 305. We moved up from a 232, so that was a big jump, maybe if your moving up from something closer in size to the 33 I could see maybe waving the sea trial. It is a free ride though, why pass it up?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Are you sure the much bigger boat will be ok for you to handle around the dock, gas dock, etc ? What's your slip situation, easy, or don't know - you will need a much bigger slip vs. the 232. Do you cruise to other marinas ?

I have met several who you would never want to be next to in a slip, they stop the boat by bouncing off something, like the boat next to it. I've seen transients do this and more just trying to get into a slip against a beam wind. These big boats are too heavy to bounce off anything, there ends of being damage involved to the boat(s) upon impact.

Some of this may have to do with age and loss of agility.

I have seen those in very diificult slips with even smaller boats, where the hired captain trainer couldn't keep from clipping something.

And after all, what's the big deal, why can't the Grady dealer accomodate you today (even if you are not buying there - just don't say so)?

It was over 60 deg F the other day.

Kevcros

Reaction score
My guess is that the 330 will handle better around the docks than the single engine 23-- With bow thruster and twins that are fairly offset, the 330 handles very well in tight confines---