330 Express Enclosure

Off the Hook

Reaction score
i am in the process of getting quoted for a new enclosure for my 330 express.

Has anyone recently replaced theirs? What sort of quotes have you received?

I contacted the place in NC where GW has there enclosure work done and spoke with them. They said i can send them my current enclosure and they will pattern a new one from it, but my only concern is the current one is probably "stretched out" a bit and the that would mean the new one would become even looser once it is put on and in the sun for a period of time...

any suggestions/experience with this?

thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
Definitely get a quote from Lee at A&J Canvas in Vanceboro NC. They do the originals. Send em the originals and they will exact copy for you. You will fit the snaps when it arrives. They will send all the snaps and lift the dots if you have them. If you need the tool for either, just ask. They provide but they usually want a quick turn. They will fit tight when you install.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Agree with Fishtales! Since you will have to install the snaps and other fasteners on the canvas to match the hardware on your boat, you can make it as tight as you want.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I had a local guy do mine last spring, $3,700 with 40 gauge clear vinyl. He's a friend, not sure if I got the friend discount.

Fishtales

Reaction score
My Marlin was $2800 for all nine pieces delivered. I thought that was a decent price. 330 should be about the same.

Off the Hook

Reaction score
thanks guys!! i am going to give them a call tomorrow and get this started.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I used a local place for my previous boat. Price was competitive, they did all the snaps for a perfect fit. I also upgraded to strata glass and stamoid at the time which was a big improvement from the original enclosure.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I'm thinking of going with the more rigid stuff like Makrolon for the front and wrap around the corners.
haven't priced it yet though... The Pursuit express next to me has it and it is beautifulo_O

Fishtales

Reaction score
The $2800 price for me was with the Strataglass and Ivory Stamoid fabric.

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Just did my 330 Express. I have a post regarding it. I believe it was about $5k. Polycarbonate front center panel. 1D0915FC-DD3F-4DA1-90EF-1F4F96FFFBEA.jpeg4C31B558-C6F8-41E8-A763-79B7F5B3BA59.jpegD369CE41-2A9F-45DE-A696-68A6A46598D1.jpeg

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm guessing the poly carb added the additional cost. Came out very nice...

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I'm guessing the poly carb added the additional cost. Came out very nice...
The Ivory Riviera Vinyl with 5 year warranty and the Polycarbonate center panel raised it some. The factory supplier in NC charges $4800 for the standard enclosure. My local guy, Chris Sharp makes a tight enclosure. It doesn’t make a sound at 30mph. I’m very happy With it.

Cregan13

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Man, that looks awesome. It's amazing what a new enclosure like that will do to make a boat look years newer. That is on the short list of things I am going to do to mine.

jerseytiger10

Reaction score
Website
www.townmotors.com
Model
Express 360

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The Ivory Riviera Vinyl with 5 year warranty and the Polycarbonate center panel raised it some. The factory supplier in NC charges $4800 for the standard enclosure. My local guy, Chris Sharp makes a tight enclosure. It doesn’t make a sound at 30mph. I’m very happy With it.
So you have the polycarbonate on the front. Do you open it inwards and snap it up or is it rollable? Did you look into having it wrap around the corners?

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
So you have the polycarbonate on the front. Do you open it inwards and snap it up or is it rollable? Did you look into having it wrap around the corners?
The center panel snaps up to the bottom of the electronics box. I like my small front corner panels to be able to roll up. The original canvas was done that way. I would guess that 90% of the time when we are underway. those are rolled up with the center down. You get a great breeze thru the enclosure with the corner panels rolled up and the side vent windows propped out.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
The center panel snaps up to the bottom of the electronics box. I like my small front corner panels to be able to roll up. The original canvas was done that way. I would guess that 90% of the time when we are underway. those are rolled up with the center down. You get a great breeze thru the enclosure with the corner panels rolled up and the side vent windows propped out.
Hmmm? Never thought of putting the corners up with the center down. I think I've only had the corners up once when it was 95 degrees and glassy
So your corners are vinyl?

My thought process was that the corners are what keep the spray off the captain. I was thinking of making the corners polycarbonate and wrapping them around to the side. The poly will curve around and not crinkle.
They would be up pretty much permanently. I would lift the poly center up and snap it to the electronics box as you do.
Problem with that plan is it requires some mods to the tracks on the hardtop and the side pieces would differ from original pattern.

This is me in my dreaming/thinking/planning stage....:rolleyes: Don't get me started on color....

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Hmmm? Never thought of putting the corners up with the center down. I think I've only had the corners up once when it was 95 degrees and glassy
So your corners are vinyl?

My thought process was that the corners are what keep the spray off the captain. I was thinking of making the corners polycarbonate and wrapping them around to the side. The poly will curve around and not crinkle.
They would be up pretty much permanently. I would lift the poly center up and snap it to the electronics box as you do.
Problem with that plan is it requires some mods to the tracks on the hardtop and the side pieces would differ from original pattern.

This is me in my dreaming/thinking/planning stage....:rolleyes: Don't get me started on color....

planning is half the fun!