330 Express

hit-n-run

Reaction score
Interested in buying a 2008 or newer 330 express fully loaded. Any ideas as to what they are going for in this economy? Also, any first hand experiences with this boat would be appreciated.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Gradys are showing up at liquidators?

Gotta be the long term lopsided loans. That is a good price !

Have your lawyer look at the paperwork, make sure the lien is settled properly.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That reminds me, good question for buyers to ask:

Is there a lien on the boat or is title clear? etc.

liens must explain some rediculous asking prices I still see around.

There's another 330 for sale I've seen now advertising for about 3 yrs or longer, same asking price.

I don't get it (?) Just stop paying on loan and let the bank haul it off, seems easy enough to dispose of. Bank will come quick.

I was thinking it's the same one ending up at Red Line, but it has to be older.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BobP said:
Gradys are showing up at liquidators?

Gotta be the long term lopsided loans. That is a good price !

Have your lawyer look at the paperwork, make sure the lien is settled properly.

Bob... great advice. Red Line "claims" they are not repo's!!! They cliam they are a clearing house for boats traded in to dealers who need to unload them. In this economy you can't believe anything you read OR hear. Take a look at the other 2004 33 on Red Lines site that was sold for $129,900. Anything too good to be true usually is but if you have a good lawyer working for you you may be able to walk away with the deal of a lifetime.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Joe, perhaps, makes some sense, what Grady dealer will sell that 2 yr old boat so low in price, they would never sell the new model !!
We are less than 6 weeks away from the end of summer 2009, the shortest summer of my life. Not a good weather summer, doesn't help boat sales.

Seems that the good news gas price drop didn't make a positive impact. Incredible. But it's the same story in auto sales.

I doubt these were cash bought boats though, so paperwork has to be good otherwise will end up not being able to clear DMV and end up in court. Perhaps it's a divorce sale, estate sale, owner death, etc, all no god for paperwork issues.

And I doubt Grady commited itself financially to expecting an economic turnaround in 2010 and start pumping out 2010 boats in previous ecomony quantities.

At least the price is what it is at RedLine, so no out of touch or lop sided sellers and wasting time negotiating a gap that can't be crossed. These are the selling prices I expect to see in this market, forget whatever asking prices are these days.

But you just don't know who really wants to sell or who is just kicking the sales market tires when shopping = more wasted and frustrated buyers time.

I guess when going to a dealer (or direct) and making an offer, one can say, I know this may not close the deal today, but if the owner feels different down the road, call me, and let it go at that, and walk out.
If you have several offers out there, I expect at least one seller to play the hand and go as is after a short delay. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush, as it is said.

That would be my plan to buy.

Tunaboyyy

Reaction score
I had an engine question here. I checked out the 330 listed below. It had twin 225 instead of twin 250s. I would assume it is greatly underpowered but looking for some real world feedback. Thanks all.

http://www.schockboats.com/searchengine ... tDir=DESC&

I thought I posted this yesterday. I either did not post correctly or it was deleted? If a post is deleted will the admin send a notice?

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
I had one - Not underpowered. Almost no notable difference between that and a 250 boat other than top end and higher fuel burn. I've run both set-ups extensively and have posted about it numerous times on here.

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Bob... I think the answer is "all of the above" :D

And right again... last thing you want to do is look at a title that looks clean and later find out it is part of a divorce trial.

Port of Egypt (out by you) had 3 or 4 33's for sale earlier this year... they all went for fantastic prices and they unloaded all of them fairly quickly. They seem to always have good deals over there.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Joe, POE is a class act, king of all Grady dealers hands down.

These boats are probably trade ins, no way else to unload them as fast.

POE is smart enough to take them in to get a new boat sale opportunity.

Grady dealers are a very good source of used Gradys, just be aware of salespeak, same all over - gift of gab.
Verify condition by survey and motor checkout.

BottomLineNJ

Reaction score
Regarding the 2007 that Red Line has, I spoke to the owner of this boat and went to take a look. First off, this is not a Red Line boat. The owner is friends with Charlie at Red Line and he agreed to put it up on his site to get him additional exposure. The boat is For Sale By Owner. I would have purchased the boat in a heartbeat, but it's a little over my price range, but worth every penny. The owner is one of the nicest guys you would ever want to talk with and he spared no expense in fitting out this boat. If you can swing the 180K, just go buy it, you won't regret your decision. Just hurry before I save up some more cash and beat you to it!!

fishingFINattic

Reaction score
I know people say that the F250's are enough - but I would want the F350's on a 33 express-
I will be upgrading soon - and I hope to find a nice used F350's boat
Tim

BottomLineNJ

Reaction score
Tunaboyyy said:
I had an engine question here. I checked out the 330 listed below. It had twin 225 instead of twin 250s. I would assume it is greatly underpowered but looking for some real world feedback. Thanks all.

http://www.schockboats.com/searchengine ... tDir=DESC&

I thought I posted this yesterday. I either did not post correctly or it was deleted? If a post is deleted will the admin send a notice?

The boat in this link has T/250's. I've sea trialed the 33 with T/225's, T/250's and T/300's. They all run fine. The 300's get up faster and unless your heavy on the throttle, any of these configs power the boat fine. I think the 225's with a tower though would be tough. BTW, the boat in this link is waaaaaaay overpriced.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
BobP said:
Joe, POE is a class act, king of all Grady dealers hands down.

These boats are probably trade ins, no way else to unload them as fast.

POE is smart enough to take them in to get a new boat sale opportunity.

Grady dealers are a very good source of used Gradys, just be aware of salespeak, same all over - gift of gab.
Verify condition by survey and motor checkout.

You couldn't have said that any better. POE would do anything to make the deal happen and yes, they move a lot of boats.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
No buyer motor, all established by date of sale.

At the time the 330 was released, Yamaha's only 4 stroke motor for sale was the F225, then after when the F250 was for sale, the 330 was equipped F250s, then when the F350 came out, it was equipped with F350s, and when F450s come next, so it goes.

The 330 was ahead of it's time, 4 stroke outboard motor technology wise at Yamaha.

And it's the first Grady to begin the new era in this decade of acceptance in oversized outboard power boats. For the prior 20 yrs, the acceptable limit was 25 feet and two motors only. Anything bigger business went to inboards.

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Actually, when the 330 was released the boat had 2 stroke 250's as they had yet to release any 4 strokes at all yet. You can still find some 2001 330's with the 2 strokes. After that they followed the yamaha release like clockwork: First 225's then 250's (A few of those 300 HPDI's - But I wouldn't touch one if you gave it to me - And so on......The boat cruises at 30 MPH with either the 225's or 250's.....Anything faster requires the 350's but you'll pay for it in fuel.....I run pretty far offshore....Loved the 225's and never wished or needed more power....

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The first ever manufactured preproduction 330 was shown at the NY Boat Show, first one ever per Grady factory posse who lined the stairs and catwalk around the boat shoulder to shoulder that winter.

I asked was it possible the much larger 330 could have enough power with F225s? when the Marlin a much smaller boat, for more than a decade had 2 stroke 250s, the Grady factory said the 330 design used light weight construction techniques/materials, that's why 450 HP was plenty. This mind you, while standing in full sight of the boat spec poster board with the displacement cleary listed.

I'll never forget the day and moment, that's why it was F225s, I would not have made such an obersevation if OX66 250s or the HPHI 300s were hanging off the transom, much more powerful and torquey Yamaha motors.

Weather or not you believe what happened as I explained it here in detail including the unfounded nonesense about light weigth construction/materials, you will have to admit that it is one heck of a made up story on my part, if not 100% true otherwise.

I'm giggling now about the lightweight construction/material statement even though it was many years ago.

And if I took a pole now of who's story is more to the truth, and I don't mean the Grady truth, how do you think it will turn out?

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Bob,

I know you are an expert and I hate to disagree. However, I was on hull #1 (or 2 - I forget) and it was 250 Ox's. The 4 strokes had not been released yet. It was delivered in February of that year and the boat was recently sold and repowered. You may have seen 4 strokes at a show early in the year but it was a demo only as they were not available for production until later that year.

ocdansar

Reaction score
I have hull #26 with ox66 250's with 800 hours boat runs great and still looks good