4 blade prop recommendation?

SecondWind282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Have 01' 282 Sailfish with 08' Yamaha F250's. Anyone with actual experience with 4 blade props? I'm frequently loaded with fuel and gear for fishing. Don't really care about top end.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm running a Power Tech 4 blade on my F225 and very satisfied with it. I reached out to Ken at Prop Gods for a recommendation for what I was looking to accomplish and he was dead on. Reach out to him, he's very helpful and knowledgeable.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

SecondWind282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'm running a Power Tech 4 blade on my F225 and very satisfied with it. I reached out to Ken at Prop Gods for a recommendation for what I was looking to accomplish and he was dead on. Reach out to him, he's very helpful and knowledgeable.

Thanks. Ken appears to be really well known. I have actually already reached out to him and he recommended the power tech OFS4 15 1/4 x 17. That's what I'll likely be going with just wanted to pick others brains to see if there was any first hand experience before I drop $1000 on a pair of props

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thanks. Ken appears to be really well known. I have actually already reached out to him and he recommended the power tech OFS4 15 1/4 x 17. That's what I'll likely be going with just wanted to pick others brains to see if there was any first hand experience before I drop $1000 on a pair of props

You'll be happy with them. Ken has been around a long time. He's like Tom was with Bennett Marine, very knowledgeable and helpful.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I loved my 4 blade prop...until it got stolen with my motor. I will be getting another this season.

SeaVee

Reaction score
Anyone running 4 blades on a 265?

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I spoke to Ken because I have a very high slip number. He recommended a Power Tech OFS4 15 1/4 x 16. I plan on ordering one.

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
What model boat and engine (s) are you running?

My model and engine are in my signature, "2002 Grady White Islander 270 with 250 hp Yamaha OX66 "

I did speak to Ken at Propgods yesterday and he mentioned the a Mercury Mirage Plus 15 1/2" x 16", three-blade may be a better option since I do not need any stern lift.

Ozz043

Reaction score
Yep I reached out to Ken and he set me up with some 4 blades ... will never look back
I have sacrificed some cruise speed, don’t care about WOT speed at all
Better hole shot therefore stays on plane with lower speed, great in the rough stuff
Also better docking in the marina....