Adventure 208 Bow rail mods for wishbone outrigger mounts

Shane9052

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Aloha All,
With all this time staying at home from Covid I decided to do some mods I wanted to do for awhile. Ive shortened my bow rail to make room for my wishbone outrigger mounts and if you noticed Ive matched the curve of the window to give it a sleek look. Also had to beef up the inner walls with Coosa Board to give it strength so the outriggers don't flex and cause spider cracks. Hope you like:)

Stay Safe !
Aloha ,
Shane

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 79

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Did Universal do the bow catch/trailer mods? If so I’ll have a lot more questions :)

Summertop511

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
wow looks great. Now bend up a railing for a pulpit. Nice adventurer. Like the ivory canvas color of the newer ones

Paul_A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Did Universal do the bow catch/trailer mods? If so I’ll have a lot more questions :)

I noticed that too.

That's the kind of setup that it wouldn't matter how tired or drunk you were, it's going on straight. Very nice trailer.

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I noticed that too.

That's the kind of setup that it wouldn't matter how tired or drunk you were, it's going on straight. Very nice trailer.

Shane and I both live in Hawaii and at least half of the trailers (and most of those for boats 25’ and larger) are set up like this with a bow catch and beefed up side bunks. A lot of our ramps aren’t designed very well so it can be difficult to float a boat on/off at low tide. Other ramps can have a nasty surge so it’s a lot safer to drive off/on.

Reactions: Shane9052

Fishtales

Reaction score
I agree, bow rail looks nice. I would not know you did it from the pic. Looks sweet.

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Cool - I spend alot of time on that Island, my wife is from Hawaii Kai. How is that 208 on those windy waters?

Reactions: Holokai

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Cool - I spend alot of time on that Island, my wife is from Hawaii Kai. How is that 208 on those windy waters?

Small world! Sent you a DM.

I haven’t run the boat in anything crazy and am still getting her dialed in but she rides really well For a 20 footer. She’s no Kami, Knife, or Yellowfin, but for the size she’s hard to beat; maybe similar to a 21 force with a loaded fishbox.

Of course she needed a fair amount of modification for the style of fishing we do here and she’s a little stern heavy with a fishbox and ice but that’s not necessarily a bad thing in the chop out here on a normal tradewind day...

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Shane is a terrible influence and his pictures convinced me I needed to get my trailer worked on before the season gets hot and I spend all of my free time fishing...

Went to the same shop and had them install a bow catch and extended tongue. They made a mounting bracket to allow the surge brakes to be actuated in normal driving and a separate pin location to bypass them when launching/retrieving or if the reverse solenoid fails. All parts minus the extended tongue are epoxy coated stainless steel. Any dissimilar metal interfaces have been isolated to prevent galvanic corrosion. Looking forward to easier launching and loading.

9110572D-B3C2-4E44-AED7-6CE5A5DB1880.jpegC443D556-A913-43AE-8ED0-D502CB1D7E1F.jpeg59610C53-1D35-4F82-A68A-915EC7D75E57.jpegFEDAF25F-A91F-4F60-A6CD-8571D94324B5.jpeg