Anchor Locker Door

CDP

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Have a 1994 GW Tournament 190 and need to replace the anchor locker door. Does anyone have that item or know where I can find one? Thank you

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You might get lucky by googling for marine salvage yards. Other than that, your most likely best course of action is to fix it or rebuild/replicate it.

CDP

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thank you……I was afraid of that.

seasick

Reaction score
In the 'worst ' case, you can use the old lid to make a mold for a new hatch. A fiberglass shop could do that.
If you are not too picky, a hatch could be fabricated using Starbioard. The color probably won't match but that approach would be a lot less expensive than having a mold and a lid made.
The old lid may be repairable. Bring it to a fiberglass shop and see what they think.

Reactions: pmgia

Fishtales

Reaction score
Could try GW and see if they have the mold or one on the shelf.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I blew mine up earlier this year. Tore it up with windlass. To save my Florida trip I made one out of 3/4" plywood and sealed it with a layer of fiberglass cloth and resin. Worked fine.

In the meantime, the plywood coring in the old one is torn up and difficult to remove. It's not repairable for on-the-water use but it will make a good model for a mold. I'm in the process or patching it up. At that point I'll make a new one. Mine is 29 1/8" x 9 3/4". Not sure if GW used different hatch sizes across models.
Anchor Hatch Repair.jpeg

pmgia

Reaction score
Model
Advance
I’m having a new one made as we speak. Core will be 1/4 Coosa. I’ll send pics and cost after.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Maybe share the process and ball park cost. Seems a couple of folks are looking for hatch covers.

Reactions: pmgia