Another 208 Update

HookUp

All this down time with the corona thing has me tweaking and updating all the things I never could get done during the season, which I guess isnt such a bad thing.
Im guessing many of the older 208's out there have pretty beat up tackle box doors just like mine. I had boatoutfitters make me one for the starboard side, and doing the dry fitting now. Should be getting the port side one in a week or so. I ordered it a tad larger than the opening size already there, just opening it up about 1/8" all the way around. Here is a couple of pics before. I'll post "After" pics once I do the final install
(Notice the thickness of the glass on the sanded edge)

Attachments

• StarboardDoor.jpg
    StarboardDoor.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 45
  • StarboardCutout.jpg
    StarboardCutout.jpg
    752.6 KB · Views: 44
  • StarboardCutoutSanded-RZ.jpg
    StarboardCutoutSanded-RZ.jpg
    333.2 KB · Views: 44

HookUp

All done !!! Looks good. Port side next :)
Went with the bulb seal and the non-locking stainless lock

Attachments

• NewDoor-SB.jpg
    NewDoor-SB.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 28
  • NewDoor-SB-Open.jpg
    NewDoor-SB-Open.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 27

HookUp

It's an option when you do "build your own door" on their website. I believe it sits in a routed T channel.
I think you can buy it separately by the foot on their website

Lite Tackle

Love Boatoutfitters. Replaced all the hatches on my old Whaler and added a drawers with their stuff. Top notch.
33BCBE5A-1280-44EA-990F-1606F8848FC7.jpeg13C3B9AB-4D60-43C5-BDD9-693F457857E3.jpegFDA64357-31B2-4248-BD5D-ECF683348DB6.jpeg

Bloodweiser

damn you guys...why did you have to mention boatoutfitters! just checked out their website bunch of cool stuff.. I gotta stop spending...