Anyone add a 2nd Bilge pump in the stern of their boat?

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Maybe make the vertical section of that bracket about a few feet longer and it wouldn’t be such a hassle to get to the bilge pumps in our boats (Adventure 208)?

I’m thinking aluminum flat bar but not sure if it’s rigid enough to keep the pump/switch in place if secured that far above the bottom of the bilge...

Reactions: Sparkdog118

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Thank you. It fits in and out of the rear pie plate and saves so much aggravation.

Sparkdog118

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Maybe make the vertical section of that bracket about a few feet longer and it wouldn’t be such a hassle to get to the bilge pumps in our boats (Adventure 208)?

I’m thinking aluminum flat bar but not sure if it’s rigid enough to keep the pump/switch in place if secured that far above the bottom of the bilge...
Aluminum works also depending on the thickness. I’ve done that before. Just have to heat the aluminum to bend it so it doesn’t crack. The vertical section on my 24 offshore bilge bracket is pretty long so I can do just what you are talking about. Saves me from hanging upside down in my livewell hatch to work on my bilge pump. Lol.

Reactions: Holokai

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Ok, thanks again all. I went with 4200 on the l pump basket and bracket for the float, mounted about 9 inches higher than the floor. Separate outflow to a new thru hull.

Attachments

• IMG_8575.JPG
    IMG_8575.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8577.JPG
    IMG_8577.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8578.JPG
    IMG_8578.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 25