Are there any bow mount electric trolling motors made that are big enough to run on a 232 Gulfstream?

Trorun

Reaction score
concerned on length to water and on suffucuent thrust to hold a gulfstream. We do a lot of fresh water vertical jigging for trout and would like to equip my larger Grady with the same capability as my aluminum boats/

robertkirksey

Reaction score
It is not just the power of the motor to consider. A 36 volt motor would probably hold the boat on a good day, especially with the outboard(s) tilted up for less drag. On a not so good day, probably not.
I see two major problems. First of all the motor would have to be on the bow mounted so the shaft slides forward and tips vertical. How would this work with the bow rail? Would a 72" shaft be long enough? The 36 volt motor is HEAVY. Do not think you can slide it all the way forward and then tip it up, or retrieve it by tipping it up and then sliding it back.
Then there is the problem of the batteries. Where would you put three large deep cycle batteries? To power the motor would require a separate bank of batteries and you would want to have a three battery onboard charger.