ARM REST NEED TO BEREDONE

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
GOOD EVINING I HAVE A 23 2005 GULFSTREAM AND THE BOAT IS PRETTY CLEAN EXCEPT THE ARM RESTS ON THE 2 SEATS. AND NO MATTER WHAT I USE DON'T WORK, THEY ARE A REAL DISGRACE THEY ARE BLACK.. A FRIEND OF MINE TOLD ME ABOUT SLIP ON WHITE VINYL COVERS BUT I CAN'T FIND THEM ON LINE. DID ANYONE EVER HEAR OF THEM AND IF SO DO YOU KNOW WHEN I CAN ORDER THEM I TRIED ON LINE A BUNCH OF TIMES AND ALL I GOT WAS SOFA AND COUCH ARM REST COVERS ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS JOEY

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
There are several threads on here about this. The OEM Pompanette Seat arms were not good, and T-shirt grabbers. Mine were very black moldy. One user, Doc Stressor I believe, suggested 50/50 bleach/dawn, I soaked them, it worked great, then used another's suggestion, buy women's ankle sock, leave those on, works great. Of course, you have to remove the arms off the seat, not too hard with a punch. I then used small SS bolt to install back on instead of the pins. All the best.

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
There are several threads on here about this. The OEM Pompanette Seat arms were not good, and T-shirt grabbers. Mine were very black moldy. One user, Doc Stressor I believe, suggested 50/50 bleach/dawn, I soaked them, it worked great, then used another's suggestion, buy women's ankle sock, leave those on, works great. Of course, you have to remove the arms off the seat, not too hard with a punch. I then used small SS bolt to install back on instead of the pins. All the best.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I DID TRY BLESCH AND AWSOME WITH THE DAWN LIKE YOU SAID STILL BLACK AND MOLDY I LIKE THE WOMANS ANKLE SOCKS THANK YOU AGAIN I REALLY APPRECIATE IT THANKS JOEY

Lsquared

Reaction score
Contact grady, they have a skin that will fit over existing and glue down. Did mine last year was about 100 per seat

USSBATHTUB

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Contact grady, they have a skin that will fit over existing and glue down. Did mine last year was about 100 per seat
THANK YOU VERY MUCH I REALLY APPRECIATE IT I WILL CALL THEM THANKS AGAIN JOEY

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I just use a pair of low cut socks works great and foe not grab tee shirts. They get dirty just wash then.
1602941525984.png

Rob Bowden

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
They don't have these anymore at least for the 2004 model. Have to go to Pompanette in FL and replace the entire armrest assembly per seat. $175.00 ea. Local dealer had them marked up to $345 ea.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd try a bunch of different products. At $175 per seat, that is high. $345 nuts. I got the replacements for the Deluxe 2 chair and recall them being around $80.

teaklejr

Reaction score
Used this product plus the cleaner they sell for prep and it turned out very good. Not an exact color match but very close, looks way better than it did before and much better than the sock mod. Cleaned both arm rests very good, lightly sanded them, then sprayed a few coats of the vinyl paint and let dry. Pic is before and after

Attachments

• arm.jpeg
    arm.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks very nice. Let us know how it holds up. May be a yearly event....

freddy063

Reaction score
did you try RMR-86 Mold Stain Remover, it worked good for me on a lot of stuff.

Rob Bowden

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I'd try a bunch of different products. At $175 per seat, that is high. $345 nuts. I got the replacements for the Deluxe 2 chair and recall them being around $80.

Mine are not so bad with mold/dirt it's that they are severely cracked. GW told me the 2004 model arm rests for the 232 were permanently mounted to the arm bar so the only way to replace them is buy the whole assembly, (bar included). They offered a cover and even warranty replacement, but both of those options have been gone for a while. The guy at Pompanette confirmed it, but they are so backordered right now on these he's not taking any new orders until he gets the backlog filled first.

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mine are not so bad with mold/dirt it's that they are severely cracked. GW told me the 2004 model arm rests for the 232 were permanently mounted to the arm bar so the only way to replace them is buy the whole assembly, (bar included). They offered a cover and even warranty replacement, but both of those options have been gone for a while. The guy at Pompanette confirmed it, but they are so backordered right now on these he's not taking any new orders until he gets the backlog filled first.

Do you know how much the whole assembly is? Do they come with replacement nylon bushings to tighten them up??? Thanks for any info.

Rob Bowden

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Do you know how much the whole assembly is? Do they come with replacement nylon bushings to tighten them up??? Thanks for any info.

$175 ea direct from Pompanette. I talked to the owner. Really nice guy. Not sure about the bushings but you can call and ask.