Best dealer for parts/prices remotely?

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
Turns out that our local Grady dealer got bought by a Boston Whaler company. They say they are gonna support Grady but they don't know for how long.

So I need to find a dealer that will get me parts at a decent price and is willing to mail them. A buddy said there is a big Grady dealer in Florida but can't remember which one. So anyone have any suggestions?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
“Parts at a decent price“, and Grady White, don’t usually belong in the same conversation. Unless it is a warranty issue, or you need actual repairs, rather than just parts, a dealership would be my last resource. Unless it is made out of fiberglass, there aren’t many things on your boat that were manufactured in the Grady White facility, they were just assembled there.
Their subs can’t sell directly to their customers for a certain period of time, maybe three years, but your boat should be out of that restriction.
For anything engine related, SIM Yamaha is highly regarded, has a very knowledgeable staff, and ships parts all over the country, and probably the world.
For most of the other systems, the vendor is pretty obvious.

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
“Parts at a decent price“, and Grady White, don’t usually belong in the same conversation. Unless it is a warranty issue, or you need actual repairs, rather than just parts, a dealership would be my last resource. Unless it is made out of fiberglass, there aren’t many things on your boat that were manufactured in the Grady White facility, they were just assembled there.
Their subs can’t sell directly to their customers for a certain period of time, maybe three years, but your boat should be out of that restriction.
For anything engine related, SIM Yamaha is highly regarded, has a very knowledgeable staff, and ships parts all over the country, and probably the world.
For most of the other systems, the vendor is pretty obvious.
Well sometimes you need a dealer. I need primer/paint for the pilot house I'm putting on and I don't know what that is.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Sometimes you do, especially on a newer boat, a situation which I am not familiar with. But aren't you just color matching, or does your SF actually have paint on it?
This is going to be interesting. Are you close enough to give regular photo updates?

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Jacobsen Marine is a Grady White dealer in the Seattle area. I have ordered stuff from them and they have shipped it to me.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Glacier is spot on. The good thing is GW uses a lot of readily available components. For the custom fab stuff, you are out of luck price wise as well as availability. They usually move on quickly if they change a custom part and it becomes unavailable. A good paint manufacturer can match the paint, you just gotta do the legwork.