Best trailer to buy.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I need to get a trailer for my little boat and was going to pickup another Owens. I think I'm going to wait and see how the new ownership goes. I need a few parts for my Grady trailer and was going to stop by. Their customer service was second to none.
From what I can tell, not much has changed other than their website. Design is exactly the same. Same crew (other than Jeff and Doug) putting them together.

I did price one though...and where they used to be competitive with Loadmaster, Ace, etc...this one was waaaaay more. I know things have gone up, but they seem to have discovered that they are a premium trailer builder and are now pricing accordingly. New owners need to get that ROI.......

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
From what I can tell, not much has changed other than their website. Design is exactly the same. Same crew (other than Jeff and Doug) putting them together.

I did price one though...and where they used to be competitive with Loadmaster, Ace, etc...this one was waaaaay more. I know things have gone up, but they seem to have discovered that they are a premium trailer builder and are now pricing accordingly. New owners need to get that ROI.......
I would think the cost of raw materials for a small builder would be tough. I did talk to a guide that just had one built for his Gause and there was some sticker shock. Probably $1,500 more than what I paid a few years ago, but the price of aluminum is bonkers.

I don't mind paying more, but do want their customer service. Going into the office and Jeff pulling out a 3x5in index card with all the specs for the boat or driving out to a friends house to measure---shipping parts to my destination. Their sister knowing all the part numbers and when they switched to a different line---so easy to deal with.