Boating Blues

JJMag

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
News gets worse for me, I usually pay for the 2nd rod option so I can troll with 2 downriggers.

That will be $92.50 for the day sir o_O

OK, here's a $1,000 bucks so I can launch less than 11 days :D
Ouch that is outrageous!
I know you’re looking forward to getting out of there but that’s not gonna be for a few more years I presume.

Reactions: leeccoll

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
News gets worse for me, I usually pay for the 2nd rod option so I can troll with 2 downriggers.

That will be $92.50 for the day sir o_O

OK, here's a $1,000 bucks so I can launch less than 11 days :D

Back when I was at UNR, I got to know quite a few tribal members since I worked with them on some fisheries issues and student recruitment. At the time there was no 2-rod permit. But since I liked to fish alone and always had my dog on board, I asked at the Ranger Station if I could buy her an annual permit that would let us each fish a rod. They thought it was funny and figured that as long as I was paying for 2 permits, why not?

Everything worked out fine that season until I got spotted by a white member of the Tribal Police while fishing 2 rods. He got me at the ramp and didn't think my explanation was funny. He wrote me a ticket but it sort of got lost. Those were simpler times.

If I recall, those permits were something like $24 each. I guess since Pyramid Lake has become a major destination after the re-introduction of the Pilot Peak strain of cutthroat, the Tribe must think that they can charge whatever the market will bear and do fine with fewer people. The current prices are ridiculous. I'd be fishing Tahoe and Donner over the winter if I was still out there. Don't know if I would pull a Grady up there though.

• Haha
Reactions: leeccoll

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Back when I was at UNR, I got to know quite a few tribal members since I worked with them on some fisheries issues and student recruitment. At the time there was no 2-rod permit. But since I liked to fish alone and always had my dog on board, I asked at the Ranger Station if I could buy her an annual permit that would let us each fish a rod. They thought it was funny and figured that as long as I was paying for 2 permits, why not?

Everything worked out fine that season until I got spotted by a white member of the Tribal Police while fishing 2 rods. He got me at the ramp and didn't think my explanation was funny. He wrote me a ticket but it sort of got lost. Those were simpler times.

If I recall, those permits were something like $24 each. I guess since Pyramid Lake has become a major destination after the re-introduction of the Pilot Peak strain of cutthroat, the Tribe must think that they can charge whatever the market will bear and do fine with fewer people. The current prices are ridiculous. I'd be fishing Tahoe and Donner over the winter if I was still out there. Don't know if I would pull a Grady up there though.
My kinda humor Doc.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just put mine away after pulling out the seats and bolsters to re-do. I've stripped them all down, got all the foam and vinyl. Just got to cut everything, sew, staple and reassemble. Gonna be a fun winter project.