Cabbin window gaskets? - Seafarer 228

Seafarer_Bob

Reaction score
Outer Banks NC - Winter / Ocean City MD Summer
Model
Seafarer
Can anyone recommend a replacement gasket for an 05 Seafarer 228? When I removed the inner frame I can see daylight around the edge and the hole cut looks sloppy but rather than address that the previous owner sealed the window shut and I damaged the gasket when I tried to pry it open. The new windows from Grady (port pn# 10-872 starboard pn# 10-873) cost $675 each and Grady doesn't sell just the gasket and can't reach the OEM Bonnet / Taylor.

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a replacement gasket for an 05 Seafarer 228? When I removed the inner frame I can see daylight around the edge and the hole cut looks sloppy but rather than address that the previous owner sealed the window shut and I damaged the gasket when I tried to pry it open. The new windows from Grady (port pn# 10-872 starboard pn# 10-873) cost $675 each and Grady doesn't sell just the gasket and can't reach the OEM Bonnet / Taylor.
Where you able to find a replacement window gasket? If so, where did you find it? Thanks

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
call Marine glass specialties, Odessa fla. Talk to Tex. I sent my port and starboard windows to him to be refurbished. He did a great job. Not sure if he has the stuff, orders it or would part with any but it's worth a phone call.

Reactions: Ryhlick

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

Seafarer_Bob

Reaction score
Outer Banks NC - Winter / Ocean City MD Summer
Model
Seafarer
Where you able to find a replacement window gasket? If so, where did you find it? Thanks
I ended up removing and Re caulking the window which addressed the poor fit. Then just glued in auto glass weather strip and applied a thin layer of silicone lubricating gel on top. Not sure how well it'll hold up but it actually worked pretty well last season at a fraction of the cost of replacing the windows.

Reactions: Ryhlick