Can't find a source. I'm at a roadblock.

Capt Tom

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 205
For what it is worth. These are some replacement nets I got made from the original vendor. They are not cheap and do not hold up very long. The netting material they use is pure garbage.

Attachments

• 1628111517435913759490115179161.jpg
    1628111517435913759490115179161.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 5

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Capt Tom,
Thanks for reply, but I'm no longer looking for the net material. My previous post was regarding the extruded aluminum "hinge" for the vent window. The new hinge I just received has a different profile than the original, (I posted photos of both sides). I'm wondering if anyone who has bought that hinge fairly recently, received the original profile, or one like I got.

265ExpressNC

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Capt Tom,
Thanks for reply, but I'm no longer looking for the net material. My previous post was regarding the extruded aluminum "hinge" for the vent window. The new hinge I just received has a different profile than the original, (I posted photos of both sides). I'm wondering if anyone who has bought that hinge fairly recently, received the original profile, or one like I got.
Any secret to getting in touch with MGS? I’ve been trying since October and no luck.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Original windows are "school bus glass". Regular glass (not tempered) with plastic sheet in-between. Difficult to drill the hole for the pull so close to the edge. Acrylic (best choice) or Lexan polycarbonate is easy/cheap way to go. Use black silicone or maybe black 5200.

Tempering results in a harder glass. It has to be done in an expensive machine that only large glass manufacturing plants can afford. Smaller shops have to send it out. Problem is most shops don't want to be bothered with small jobs.

I patterned mine and sent them out to Peninsula Glass in Vancouver, WA for tempered glass. There was a minimum and a little pricey but it is the best choice. Only a little more to have 3 made - $46.60 each - have one left. This was in 2009.

Attachments

• Vent Window.png
    Vent Window.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1