Cleaned today, splash tomorrow,,,,

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Cleaned up boat today from winter storage and heading to the lake tomorrow for a shakedown day, before I head to Florida the end of the month. First time out,, make sure all systems are a go!!! Don't want issues!

20200606_154741.jpg20200606_154459.jpg

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yup, nice n clean!

Really like how accessible that fire extinguisher is.

Reactions: Ky Grady

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
KY, how about driving down to the Smokies and doing a lady a solid! Your boat looks very nice. I got some cabin work to do at a vacation rental but I am hoping to roll her out of the shed, get the pressure washer, garbage, bag and boat soap to her this afternoon. Then I am going polish it and wax it. It's hard keeping up with the Jones here. ;-) it's June and my boat still has not seen any water. Enjoy the lake .

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
KY, how about driving down to the Smokies and doing a lady a solid! Your boat looks very nice. I got some cabin work to do at a vacation rental but I am hoping to roll her out of the shed, get the pressure washer, garbage, bag and boat soap to her this afternoon. Then I am going polish it and wax it. It's hard keeping up with the Jones here. ;-) it's June and my boat still has not seen any water. Enjoy the lake .

Wow!!! Sorry bud. You're on your own on that cleanup!!!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Gorgeous! Love the "Captain" tag!

Thanks. Buddy of mine that fish's with me every year for the guys trip, picked it up for me down in Key West while he was out touring on his Harley last summer.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Magic, why do you constantly have to tell everyone I am lady? I am triggered. I know my boat is a wreck and poorly maintained. Then you have to bring up I am lady too. #cleanmyboattoo!!!!

View attachment 13778
Smoky, I have never told anyone you were "lady.".

Besides..yours isn't as bad as my 232 was 10-11 years ago when we made our return trip to Indiana from the Keys. Caught light snow & slush mixed with road salt from Looeyville N up I-65 to Indy. It was a mass of dirty salt & chemicals.

Oh yeah, what does "I am triggered" mean?

Nice lake shots, Ky: North Carolina maybe?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Magic,,,,, Lake Cumberland, just south of me about an hour, in Somerset Kentucky, 66K acres.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Magic,,,,, Lake Cumberland, just south of me about an hour, in Somerset Kentucky, 66K acres.
Ah, got it..the lake starts curving more like a river past Burnside. Any drift/debris in the water?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ah, got it..the lake starts curving more like a river past Burnside. Any drift/debris in the water?

A ton of debris!!! Dodged most of it, but did take a lick and snapped the leading edge off on my lower housing. I'll get it fixed after Florida. Those pics were just up from Conley Bottom. We put in at Burnside Island state park.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks like beautiful weather and water.

Maybe it’s the ability to social distance, or maybe it’s the new-to-me boat, but I looked today and I’ve put 37 hours on it since I picked it up on April 10. Considering there have been some summers where 50 hours was considered heavy use, I will blow by that by the end of the month.

Smoky-I’ve seen that movie on mine...couple hours with the pressure washer and some elbow grease and she will be good as new.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Crap..sorry. I wondered about that. We stopped going until mid July for the same reason; I got tired of bouncing off logs. We would let the lake level drop below the timberline, the drift would then stop washing in and we would be fine the rest of the summer.

No drift in Sarasota Bay..Get on down here...