COVID-19 228G Trailer & Adventure

Willy-C

Reaction score
Wow, beautiful place. My son lives in Downtown LA and got married just north of Truckee CA last fall. Hard to believe how deep Lake Tahoe is.

The new trailer looks great Lee, Congrats

Reactions: leeccoll

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Congrats on the purchase and successful trip.
I knew ecodiesel's could get good mpg towing, but that is really impressive. Is that a gen 1 or 2? Is it modified?

Holokai

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Trailer looks great! Looks like the bunks are spot on! What’s the weight rating?

Joez

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Boat and trailer look fantastic! The look almost makes me want to pull my damaged graphics and stripe off the boat, it looks sharp without them.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lee, you get 17 mpg towing? Or even 14? Impressive.

I saw 8.5 running at interstate speeds on the way back.
Hey Parthery,

I only used to get 13.3 mpg with my old GMC Sierra 1500 V-8-no towing at all.
This Ram Ecodiesel is a 6 cyl with enough torque and I paid for the 3.92 gear ratio vs. stock 3.55 upgrade which helps juicing towing the boat~I believe.

Very happy too with results, which were actually 17.5 going to LA, 14.8 coming back to Reno going much faster :)

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I once got 18.5 mpg on 395 towing a boat with a truck camper loaded as well. Of course, we had a 50 mph tailwind. It took both of us to close the door on the truck after stopping for a pee break. I sure miss that scenery!
Yeah sometimes you hope you don't loose part of boat, trailer, or underwear peeing in the Sierras. I did find the new trailer blocked any passing spectators from checking out my pee stream o_O
18.5 might get you into Guinness Book!

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Wow, beautiful place. My son lives in Downtown LA and got married just north of Truckee CA last fall. Hard to believe how deep Lake Tahoe is.

The new trailer looks great Lee, Congrats
Thanks Willy,
Beautiful area for sure!!

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Congrats on the purchase and successful trip.
I knew ecodiesel's could get good mpg towing, but that is really impressive. Is that a gen 1 or 2? Is it modified?
It's a 2016,
There is an emissions recall update that I have not done yet, will likely deteriorate performance, so I am waiting to see what shakes down then decide.
No mods, but if I do the recall, I would be open to a mod.
Thanks family affair!!

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Trailer looks great! Looks like the bunks are spot on! What’s the weight rating?
I think they nailed too! Weight rating is 7000 GVWR

Stay safe Holokai~

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Boat and trailer look fantastic! The look almost makes me want to pull my damaged graphics and stripe off the boat, it looks sharp without them.
Thanks Joez, they were pretty easy to take off.

Was going to replace them with something, but not in a rush, and don't feel like going back to my '87 trim.

Compounding and buffing out the hull was labor intensive to say the least.

You make an investment in the way your Grady looks says something about who you are. Unfortunately not everyone has the time and capacity to do that.

I think most try their best!!

Last edited:

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did you already have a price for your old trailer before going there? Seems like they would have you over a barrel otherwise.
They said they pay around $400-700 for used trailers over the phone. I'm not buying a trailer without making sure it's a good fit, so I needed to bring my old trailer and boat down.

So they offered me 450, and I used your line "you don't expect me to work for peanuts do you" and they immediately gave me 500, which is what I wanted.

Thanks Blaze and hope things are going okay all things considered :)

Last edited:

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Nice trailer lee, I have a 7000 lb trailer under mine as well, and bunks with slides , she slides off almost as easy as rollers and I drive on. Who wants rollers these days, they are high maintenance, the boat moves on the trailer and they concentrate the weight of the boat in a few tiny places. Bunks, slides and torsion axles, trailer much more stable on the road.
17 MPG towing 6000 lb plus, I can only dream, ok even 14 MPG at 70mph that is excellent. I only get about 12-13, maybe 14 if I take it easy , keep under 60 MPH, I normally sit at 68 MPH ( 110 KMH) on the motorway ( that's the speed limit here) and about 60 MPH elsewhere. Toyota Landcruiser 4X4 4.5LT V8 Diesel Twin turbo. I get 22-24 MPG without trailer.

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I w

I was thinking same thing... Is that good bourbon?
Blood,
Because of the Covid damage in NYC, I make Manhattans with it to honor all those brave people. It's good stuff~

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice trailer lee, I have a 7000 lb trailer under mine as well, and bunks with slides , she slides off almost as easy as rollers and I drive on. Who wants rollers these days, they are high maintenance, the boat moves on the trailer and they concentrate the weight of the boat in a few tiny places. Bunks, slides and torsion axles, trailer much more stable on the road.
17 MPG towing 6000 lb plus, I can only dream, ok even 14 MPG at 70mph that is excellent. I only get about 12-13, maybe 14 if I take it easy , keep under 60 MPH, I normally sit at 68 MPH ( 110 KMH) on the motorway ( that's the speed limit here) and about 60 MPH elsewhere. Toyota Landcruiser 4X4 4.5LT V8 Diesel Twin turbo. I get 22-24 MPG without trailer.
Thank you Hoon,

Excited to see how she does loading too! I'll be driving it to load as well.

Can't wait to get out fishing again. On my drive to get the trailer, I went past many lakes and rivers. One lake (Topaz) was open with boats on it.

There were signs on the highway saying trout opener delayed until June 1st, and sadly on the radio, the town of Bridgeport California which is famous for 4th of July festival cancelled it for this year, making a bigger burden for all the local business as they lose that revenue. What a game changer :(

The two stern bunks they added seems to align the boat perfectly.

20200501_082822.jpg

Last edited: