Deck piece

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
Where can I get a replacement deck piece for a 96 to 272 sailfish are they available

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Joe: Do you mean like a large piece that would have come from Grady's own mold? Or maybe a smaller piece that was subbed out?

If it's the former, I believe you'll be looking for a custom fabricator. If the latter, maybe Gwen at Grady can help ID that fabricator.

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
Joe: Do you mean like a large piece that would have come from Grady's own mold? Or maybe a smaller piece that was subbed out?

If it's the former, I believe you'll be looking for a custom fabricator. If the latter, maybe Gwen at Grady can help ID that fabricator.
I want to change the soft deck piece I just want to know where I can buy a replacement piece if not I can fix the one I have . I just want to inquire before I left the deck and fix the one I have

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
I want to change the soft deck piece .I just want to know where I can buy a replacement piece if not I can fix the one I have . I just want to inquire before I left the deck and fix the one I have

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Is the "deck" surface OK? It's fairly straightforward to rebuild it as long as the top is intact. It's flat, so you need a proper work surface, but I used 5/8" foam instead of plywood to rebuild mine. It's lighter than stock and will last forever.

Take a look at post 11 in this thread for pictures of the glasswork I did. I'm no pro, but I found it very manageable. https://www.greatgrady.com/threads/advise-on-floor-panel-rework.28966/

Last edited:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The floor covering ( gas tank )
Got it. That's going to be near impossible, if not completely impossible, to find. It would probably have to be on a junked boat sitting in some salvage yard somewhere... and who knows if the core on that one will be good. The best course of action is to just rebuild it. If you're moderately handy, it's an easy job.

rockpool

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
Where can I get a replacement deck piece for a 96 to 272 sailfish are they available
Your deck is made in a mold, it’s not assembled from discrete pieces. You need to cut out the part that’s soft, peel the glass off the rotten wood, fabricate new structure then epoxy the saved glass back over it. Messy, time consuming, but not difficult.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You know, it might not hurt to call GW directly. I did a couple years ago, and they were willing to sell me a new anchor locker cover and bowsprit for a 1994 226. Unfortunately, the prices made that unrealistic for me, but those items were in fact available...

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I rebuilt my deck hatch. The topside was in good shape. Underneath it was water soaked and rotting. Not likely you will find a used one and it probably would have issues too.