Ditched the cooler and I feel great

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I finally laid down the law and said NO to coolers. We left the 120 qt cooler on the dock and also no extra beer cooler. The 265 has a giant fishbox in the deck that can hold 250 pounds of ice (if needed). The live well is insulated and can also double as a cooler.
We made several tuna trips and it was such a pleasure to have a clear deck. I think I have convinced my brother. The in-deck fish box held ice for days after the trip in the 90 degree sun. It really is better than an Igloo.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Skunk - that is THE hardest thing I try to get across to people when they fish on my boats... I hate HATE things at my feet. I have a buddy that loves to bring 50 billion rods and reels.. funny thing is, he generally drops at least one overboard lol.. anyway, I am a FIRM believer that if it does not stow away, it goes away... and you are right.. being able to walk freely about the boat is a huge thing.

Good for you!

Just noticed your youtube channel.. heh.. subscribed ;) I plan to have my channel going with my drone this weekend... unless I screw up.. lol

R

Reactions: mmiela

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I think that is a great idea - I went fishing last week and 4 guys had 5 coolers

Paul_A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I'm a little concerned about the no extra beer cooler... Can there ever be too many beers?

bac0701

Reaction score
so funny you mentioned that. I went to that float party at Tices after my overnight saturday morning. of course I'm the only one with a boat and have a bunch of friends and family that want to go. Said the same thing to myself...10 people won't have any room for a cooler. I cleaned the fish box and man the amount of ice and drinks we had in that thing impressed me... lasted all day also. That being said ill be doing the same for sure. Im always packing a small cooler...i think i may just stuff a dry bag with the food and throw it all down there.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Blempa47

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
... in the marlin we used to have a big cooler... its a pain int he ass to take on and off... slides around no matter what you do... the fish box under the port helm chair holds a lot more and bigger fish than you would think... and its insulated well also...

... as for beers... we use the livewell for that... also insulated and holds a good 2-30 packs plus ice.... just have to remember to close the seacock or the salt water washes out the ice...

Reactions: ECO and Legend

wireline

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Before we bought the Voyager, always had a cooler on board in the 190 Tournament, took up a tremendous amount of room. Now having the voyager no coolers allowed, One fish box for fish the other is
cleaned out and the cooler for drinks, it holds ice as good if not better than the Coleman! So much more room for fishing !