Drain plugs in rear deck scuppers?

Olyfishin

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The swing valves have been working for me. Initially they were no better than the rubber flaps but whatever changed, I have no idea, maybe a little salt makes them more likely to stick closed? I dunno but water in the back of the boat is no longer an issue and when I clean the boat water flows out just fine.

It's such a non-issue now I just don't think about them anymore

The swing valves have been working for me. Initially they were no better than the rubber flaps but whatever changed, I have no idea, maybe a little salt makes them more likely to stick closed? I dunno but water in the back of the boat is no longer an issue and when I clean the boat water flows out just fine.

It's such a non-issue now I just don't think about them anymore.
That's good to hear. I like the idea of not messing with the actual thru hull so an inline valve is appealing. I installed a thru hull for a raw water pickup and it made me super nervous drilling a hole and making sure it was sealed well (which it seems to be).

I saw your picture in an earlier post. What was the actual part you used? Do you have a link? Thanks!

vocz

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Had a ‘88 228 Seafarer for 22 years. I had a the same problem with the 225 Honda being heavier than the two-strokes. I fight with this for year and finally used longer screws with the standard flapper and added the ping pong system”flow max ball scrupper” to the outside of the flappers. It worked great since both are blocking the water! Just get a new flapper every couple of years to keep it from being too stiff. Hope this helps.