Enclosure storage

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Quick project to protect my new enclosure for the winter. 20 feet of TACO track $99 on Amazon, a couple of scrap 2x3 studs and some screws
Track came as two 8 footers and a 4 footer. I cut the track into four 24", six 16", and left a 48" uncut.
Worked perfectly for a full enclosure on a 265 Express

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RJTML19?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Enclosure Storage_1.jpg

Enclosure Storage_2.jpg

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Great idea !

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Great solution!!!! Might have to do the same. Mine lay on a table with sheets separating them.

20180408_194401.jpg

Fowl Hooked

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I like it! I'd built a frame with various arms covered in pipe insulation that the pieces would lay over but this takes up far less space. For you guys taking them off in the winter - I assume you're wrapping your boat? I don't, our winters just aren't that bad, so my curtains stay up over the winter and come off in the summertime.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I like it! I'd built a frame with various arms covered in pipe insulation that the pieces would lay over but this takes up far less space. For you guys taking them off in the winter - I assume you're wrapping your boat? I don't, our winters just aren't that bad, so my curtains stay up over the winter and come off in the summertime.
I don't wrap, just a tarp from the hardtop back. Plan is to use the OLD enclosure for the winter and protect the new one. However, right now the hardtop is off for repairs so its just a tarp over the cockpit.

Reactions: Fowl Hooked

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
I’ve got mine “rolled” up (not folded) and stored in a huge hockey equipment bag. The bag is so big there’s extra room in it so that it’s not squeezed or crushed into it.
I use one for my boats cover too.

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Great idea, thanks for sharing and I will be ordering my Taco supplies tomorrow.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It is called awning track, awning rail, or Keder rail. When i needed some, I called a few local awning companies, and was able to buy 20 foot aluminum track for a couple of dollars/foot, and no shipping. One had a pile of used for free, but new was cheap, closer, and easier to work with.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
It is called awning track, awning rail, or Keder rail. When i needed some, I called a few local awning companies, and was able to buy 20 foot aluminum track for a couple of dollars/foot, and no shipping. One had a pile of used for free, but new was cheap, closer, and easier to work with.
yep. I am sure it can be found a lot cheaper. I spent 5 clicks on the web and settled on Amazon to just be done....

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Yep.. I mounted some track to a wooden clothes hanger and have my curtains hanging in a closet.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Nice idea, thanks for sharing. I have a big sectional on the 3rd floor of the summer house heated to 60 deg. Just lay them out for the winter as nobody is around.

Chris275

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 275
Many thanks for your design ideas for this storage. Since this is my first winter with the new 275, I just rolled the enclosure panels up and stored them in my shop. MUCH better idea to hang them as you've done. Will be the next project for storing them in the basement. With warmer temps down there, hope all the panels will not be so stiff when we launch in the Spring. Thank goodness that's only a couple of months away!

Look forward to more wisdom from everyone on this site.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I can't believe that a lot of people just keep them up on the boat under the shrinkwrap at my dealer. I like to take em down to wash, then use the Inmar cleaner and polish. They are super soft and very clear when I install in the spring.