Enclosure thoughts

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
10-4. On the 228, the awning track attaches to the hardtop tubing all the way around, but I guess that would give too much forward rake on the front panel on the larger top.

Lucky13

Reaction score
I also run at night and the way the bow rail reflects light it kills visibility. I just installed a high power LED bar light under my pulpit, the test fit was promising but didn't have a chance to use it on the water last weekend.
I am about to add a led 10 inch bar to my pulpit what brand did you use do you have pictures and where did you run the wire for the switch?

Lucky13

Reaction score
I went with off white stamoid with "ANNIN" brand hard plastic, wrapping from vent window to vent window. No smiley or frowny windows. Center windshield flips up to Hardtop.
Sides are one piece and don't roll up. Rear center "door" can roll or flip up to hardtop ceiling. Gioia Sails, Lakewood, NJ

Here's a teaser picture. (film has not been peeled off the front plastic in the pic). It is awesome. Hard front is awesome. White was the right choice. Changes evrything.

Don't want to take pix til I finish my dash project & clean things up.

View attachment 19698
just did this with my 330. the front 3 are hard my center flips up in also and it is amazing and easy to open and close. you will find you dont need it open to run at night. the visibility i have thru the new hard pieces is better than the glass. good luck with it.

Reactions: SkunkBoat

wavetamer

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
would be interested about how the LED light bar works under the pulpit, SEAFARER BOB how is yours working and holding up

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have the A&J canvas with the roll up smileys. They work fine, but I modded them to allow me to swing them back and snap up to the hardtop. That way, it is easier and quicker and completely out of my view. Way better than rolling up. I can also snap up my side enclosures unrolled.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
love the three position switch idea I am going to do that what light did you use and did you mount under pulpit or on. looks like under in that pic. I was thinking of going on top all the way out at the end
love the three position switch idea I am going to do that what light did you use and did you mount under pulpit or on. looks like under in that pic. I was thinking of going on top all the way out at the end
Under and back far enough from anchor...used existing screws . I use cheap led spreaders from eBay.4 for $24 Work great only issue with non stainless brackets

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks super. Would like to see how you manage opening it up and what pieces.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I went with off white stamoid with "ANNIN" brand hard plastic, wrapping from vent window to vent window. No smiley or frowny windows. Center windshield flips up to Hardtop.
Sides are one piece and don't roll up. Rear center "door" can roll or flip up to hardtop ceiling. Gioia Sails, Lakewood, NJ

When you say "ANNIN" hard plastic I can't find that brand. Is it a coated acrylic or a Makrolon/Lexan?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
came out GREAT!!!!! front three pieces are Anina brand rigid polycarbonate. Curved around windshield.
Center flips up and in and fastens to hardtop. need to get a pic of that.

I had them add velcro zipper covers on the front to keep water from coming thru zippers. Love it but it DOES make it harder to open the front.

Sides and back are Regalite 40 vinyl. I have no rollups on the side. fewer zippers, more clear vinyl. Great view.

Cloth is Stamoid off white. 1000% better than dark blue. So happy I made the switch.
Blood and clam wiped off easily.

boat_5.jpeg
boat_16.jpeg
boat_8.jpeg

Last edited:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
here is the back. the door flips up and fastens overhead. I LOVE that. Had them add it because I saw it on another boat

KuMyjrKl.jpg

vULdZkul.jpg

Reactions: vocz and Blaugrana

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks amazing...After rolling up my back enclosure yesterday and today, that flip up would be a dream.