engine alarms

applebeepa

Reaction score
i've changed the poppet valves and water pumps...still alarms, it is continuous with slowed rpm...only happens when not on plane...any help appreciated.
thanks
larry

applebeepa

Reaction score
engine alrms

good oil pressure....yamaha 130's /port engine...just had everything changed...isn;t the oil alarm intermittant? sorry i am new to boating.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
applebeepa said:
i've changed the poppet valves and water pumps...still alarms, it is continuous with slowed rpm...only happens when not on plane...any help appreciated.
thanks
larry

what year 130?

changed t-stats?
change w-pump housing?

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
applebeepa said:
JUST-IN-TIME said:
applebeepa said:
thanks
larry

what year 130?1998

changed t-stats?no
change w-pump housing?[yes]

t-stat check time asap

applebeepa

Reaction score
JUST-IN-TIME said:
applebeepa said:
JUST-IN-TIME said:
applebeepa said:
thanks
larry

what year 130?1998

changed t-stats?no
change w-pump housing?[yes]

t-stat check time asap[do you mean thermastats? i will check asap, is this an expensive or difficult repair?]thanks for your help,larry

Boats Rock

Reaction score
I had the same problem. When I removed the thermostats they were clogged. I had to dig at the ports with a piece of wire and run a lot of water down the passages. I found when you flush after use it only pushes water up to the bottom of the thermostats not threw them. So this winter I removed them,washed out the passages and pured salt desolver down the holes.