Fiberglass cockpit sole soft spot

Greyduk

Reaction score
HookUp, when you had yours done did they use 3 sections? That's what it looks like in the

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I'm pretty sure it's one piece of ply but 2 long stiffener's were added for support and strength

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hookup, is there a raised gutter on the deck, between the original edge of the hatch and the wood, or is the seating area flat? Have to do mine this winter, but have not looked under it, yet.

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Im a little vague on your question. You are asking about underneath the hatch ?
There is what I would call a "gutter" around the perimeter of the plywood. See attached pics -
I would imagine its is "faired" like that so it will sit on the rim of the deck (where you see the clamps) and be flush with the deck. If the ply isnt faired then the hatch would sit proud of the rest of the deck.hatch.jpgPerimeterII.jpg

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I was asking if there was a raised edge on the deck itself, that would fit in the 'gutter' between the wood and the glass edge, or whether the hatch rested on its own glass rim. I am starting to show some cracks around the edge. I think your pictures answer that question. Thank you.

lapmd1

Reaction score
SUBSCRIBED!
I live in RI; I am NOT technically inclined and have asked for the yard to give me an estimate to fix the hatch above the 92 gal aft main tank of my 95 Tournament 22.
*For those of you who have had it done by your yard, may I ask how much total cost was to ensure my quote is appropriate? Many thanks GW Fam!

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
SUBSCRIBED!
I live in RI; I am NOT technically inclined and have asked for the yard to give me an estimate to fix the hatch above the 92 gal aft main tank of my 95 Tournament 22.
*For those of you who have had it done by your yard, may I ask how much total cost was to ensure my quote is appropriate? Many thanks GW Fam!
The quote referenced earlier in the thread is pretty accurate. Maybe a tad more, depending on your location and how often the yard does this kind of thing. The more they do it, the lower the cost.