Well this is the project I really didn’t want to do at this time. Mercury manual says AGM batteries. I was gonna just put 2 in and isolate the 2 banks but the wiring was horrible and all 4 batteries were group 24 start batteries. So I ripped em out and ordered 4 deka group 27’s. I’m gonna go ahead and change the charger also. The old one still works so I will keep it on the boat for a spare in a pinch. More pics to follow.
Got all 4 batteries out. They are just turning 3 and all 4 were start batteries no deep cycle. Got 4 dekas coming in agm. Got the original charger out it still worked bu was only a 2 bank charger. I don’t know what it really mattered all the batteries were pretty much wired together any way . I ordered a mastervolt 40 amp 3 bank charger. I added another switch for the house and will use the original 2 one for each motor keeping house and start batteries completely separate. I will add isolators between the start and house batteries. What a mess.
I have appointment with the dealer on June third to get this thing running. I’m ready to start using it.