Fishfinder chart plotter

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Need a little more information. Boat model. Fishing? Inshore? Offshore? How seriously?

Multiple displays? Sizes? Radar? Sounder - deep or shallow? CHIRP sounder? Sidescan? Autopilot?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Well, I certainly wouldn't pick a Samrad. I might pick a Simrad, though :)

But like Hook said, there's a lot more to it. Both are fine units - Look at comparable units from both and see which one YOU like better. IF you want, consider cost vs features. This is really quite a personal perference type thing and the only preference that really matters is yours.

Joe arrigo

Reaction score
Need a little more information. Boat model. Fishing? Inshore? Offshore? How seriously?

Multiple displays? Sizes? Radar? Sounder - deep or shallow? CHIRP sounder? Sidescan? Autopilot?
9” sidescan deep water fishing I already have striker 7. What to get rid or it. And I got (uhd73 cv I’m keeping) want to replace striker with something good that’s up to date

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
9” sidescan deep water fishing I already have striker 7. What to get rid or it. And I got (uhd73 cv I’m keeping) want to replace striker with something good that’s up to date
How deep is deep water?
What don't you like about the Striker 7?
What transducers do you have?

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I went with a Garmin 1242xsv, garmin 175hw tranducer, raymarine ev150 auto pilot. I could be happier with how everything works together.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I prefer Garmin and have used them exclusively over the years, I just bought a new Garmin 943xsv back in early July of which it has SideVu, Traditional and Chirp sonar. IIRC the transducer that I went with was the Garmin GT-56UHD and have no complaints about either, both of them work very well and would buy them again. There's another similar thread about this here...