Found another 33

ocdansar

Reaction score
I found another 330 express. I am very hopeful with this one. I have hull survey scheduled for next Thursday morning. This boat is sitting on a covered lift. 410 hours of use. Man I’m excited to get this one home and get started on it.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Best of luck, and I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason...

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
If that one does not work out Bayside Marine in Duxbury has a 2014 listed for 269K with twin 350s and 300 hours

ocdansar

Reaction score
Thank you but that is way out of my budget. I am really hopeful this one will be ok. It only has 410 hours on it and it’s been sitting on a covered lift. It looks amazing. Pictures coming next week .

ocdansar

Reaction score
Just got back from the survey. Surveyor couldn’t believe how clean and how dry this boat was.
It’s an 03 330 express . Boat is a one owner and it’s lift kept under a roof. I can’t wait to get it home and get started on it .

Reactions: nuclear

Lsquared

Reaction score
Can hookup the laptop via network or Bluetooth

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Oh, I know. Just did not know the ipad would update the gps location. Curious as it is a heck of a lot cheaper and easier than adding another 10” screen;) If I can use my ipad for a gps screen, it gives me a pretty cool 2nd screen and easy to carry with me when I leave the boat heh.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Oh, I know. Just did not know the ipad would update the gps location. Curious as it is a heck of a lot cheaper and easier than adding another 10” screen;) If I can use my ipad for a gps screen, it gives me a pretty cool 2nd screen and easy to carry with me when I leave the boat heh.
Yeah, but....you'd need the AIS transceiver or some similar device. My WiFi only iPad has a few uses:

First is a third MFD. I have the iNavX software app with Navionics charts. The iPad connects to a Vesper XB8000 AIS transceiver via WIFI and receives lat/lon as well as AIS target information. When I took the boat to/from FL a few times, I use it for daily route planning and export the waypoints/routes from iNavX, connect to the Garmin and upload for the next leg of the trip. I have pretty good redundancy with the Furuno, Garmin and AIS transceiver all having independent GPS antennas (technically, the Standard Horizon does as well but it's not useful for navigation).

Second, it's loaded with my music and I connect to the radio via Bluetooth.

Third, i can monitor the house battery with a Bluetooth connection to the Victron battery monitor.

Fourth, I loaded a bunch of PDF manuals on it so I can access them if needed when I'm offshore.

Finally, there is also an app for the AIS transceiver that I can access the settings, turn on/off transmit or just display a radar like map of targets.

I installed a fast charging USB port under the hatch and plug it in while in use.

I'll add a very similar setup on my next boat (a sportie) and also figure out a way to play movies on the Salon TV or mirror the chartplotter screen.

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Disregard most of this lol, I saw you answered it. I need to get that setup;)

May need to IM you to make sure I do it right heh

Okay, you miss my point heh. I know it is useful. I have three ipads, heh...just did not know it could be hooked up that way. I already had the wifi set up, was using it for music. Would love to know what app you used and if it ties into the chartplotter or how it updates the gps location with the plotter.

Would love to set mine up like that but figured it would not get a signal to update your location heh.

OP: sorry for the hijack. I also am super excited to see what you get with your new GW:)

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Btw, totally agree about the usefulness of wifi only. I have my ipad loaded with music and books and manuals etc too heh :)

Bayhouse

Reaction score
Disregard most of this lol, I saw you answered it. I need to get that setup;)

May need to IM you to make sure I do it right heh

Okay, you miss my point heh. I know it is useful. I have three ipads, heh...just did not know it could be hooked up that way. I already had the wifi set up, was using it for music. Would love to know what app you used and if it ties into the chartplotter or how it updates the gps location with the plotter.

Would love to set mine up like that but figured it would not get a signal to update your location heh.

OP: sorry for the hijack. I also am super excited to see what you get with your new GW:)

First, you’ll need a Vesper XB8000 (they may have newer models) -about $750 plus an antenna.

Check out this video on the iPad setup.
IM if you have specific questions.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
For clarity there are other options beyond the XB8000 - it just happens to do everything in a single box and I wanted an AIS transmitter. I only know the iNavX SW so the options below assume you're running that with Navionics charts.

The low cost option to turn your iPad into a plotter is an external GPS receiver like the Dual XGPS150. I ran this setup before I got the XB8000. This option will not give you AIS targets on your iPad, only GPS navigation data.

Another option is a multiplexer that will transmit N2K messages over a WiFi connection. Digital yacht makes 2 of these, the wln10 (0183) and the NavLink2 (N2K). Note, the wln10 is listed as a compatible device for iNavX but you should check with them first to confirm the NavLink2 will work (don't see any reason why it wouldn't). IF you have AIS data on your N2K network, this option will give you targets on your iPad.