Freedom 275 owners - what does your transom motorwell look like?

mr_mbuna

Reaction score
I am having the transom cap on my 2011 GW Freedom 275 glassed over permanently (see thread here) to ensure there is no risk of water intrusion in the future. (Grady leaves the trailing top edge of the transom open/unfinished from the factory to allow for some flex from the forces of the outboards. They cover the rough transom cap it with an aluminum or vinyl trim piece or "bang cap." The aluminum piece corrodes over time which can allow water intrusion into the transom.) I was inspecting the job today and looking more closely at the transom on my boat than I have in the past. I noticed that the inside corners of the transom at the motorwell are sealed with rough applications of silicone caulk and it doesn't appear to be sealed underneath.

Freedom 275 owners - does yours look like this? Is this how it came from the factory or is this the result of some aftermarket work to my boat in the past (I'm the second owner). I don't think the fiberglass pro working on my transom at the moment did anything with these inside edges so I don't think this is his handiwork.

PXL_20210403_193022785.jpg. PXL_20210403_193020102.jpg. PXL_20210403_192948104.jpg
(click to see full size photos)

Here's the best GW 275 transom photo I can find on the GW website. It's hard to tell if it's glassed on the inside corners or sealed with opaque almond color caulk that matches the gelcoat.

Would appreciate input from anyone else out there with a Freedom 275 or similar boat!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks fairly typical to me. I don't have your model though.