fuel numbers on unpainted 265 with 225 four strokes

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The amount of $ you will recoup if you sell the boat is usually squat. If the HPDI's are having an issue with the gas, a 4 stroke will too. Use good filters and check for water often if you don't have a plastic bowl.

I'm suprised you're getting the same GPM with your HPDI's as F225's are. Normally the 4 strokes clean the clocks of 2 strokes when trolling.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was under the impression the 4 strokes would be much more economical trolling also and I was a little disapointed to realise I may not save all that much fuel at troll.
As I said I use only one motor and certainly notice I use about 2 litres more per hour with both motors for the same speed.
As our longest trip out here is 70 nm and then up to 3 days trolling at 5-6 knots and then home; trolling efficiency is very relevant.
I have Racors and changed them out 3 times in the last 12 months. So much so that I moved the bowls into the outboard well were they are more visible and lots more acessible for changing.
I have noted on this and other forums folks changing to 2 micron filters because of fuel related issues (mostly hpdi's) that they are unable to solve thru' the usual means.