Fuel tank replacement round 2!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
your second tank. didn't you replace it twice?

Ahhh, ok.

No, I replaced my auxiliary tank last year thinking that was my source of fuel smell and leak. It was partially. Come to find out my main tank also had issues with holes in the bottom, new main tank goes in this weekend. First time to replace both, should have no more tank issues now.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That is good news. Sorry I misunderstood.

fellinger

Reaction score
Nice job. Just curious. What size was your tank and what did a replacement cost? I am certain mine are getting to the end of their life.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Main tank is 92 gallons and $1564 + $200 for Macropoxy coating and shipping of $100 for a total of $1864 to my door. She helped me out on shipping as that's not the norm. I was a returning customer and was soon after the purchase of my first tank.

My auxiliary tank is 56 gallons and $952 + $200 for Macropoxy and I picked it up in person in North Carolina, so a total of $1152.

I might have got away cheaper someplace else, but FMT built my original tanks and still build tanks for Grady today. Just went back original so not to try and reinvent the the tanks and hope they fit, don't need the headache.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
New main tank is in and ready to put the floor panels back in.
Seasick,,,, please note all hose clamps are 180° from each other, you've been after me since I did the auxiliary tank last year to turn them.

Having both new tanks in and all new hoses is a big piece of mind. 98% freshwater boat now and I understand the importance of flushing the tanks off regularly with fresh water, these will last me as long as I'll ever own this boat and beyond.

20190929_101309.jpg

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
That's quite a project. Is the new tank the same dimensions as the old one so your old sender will work?

By the way, I have had that refusal to load pictures and restarting the computer fixed it.

I've been using imgur.com to host pix (free) and then post links here. IMGUR makes it easy to resize your pix for forum posts and you are not actually storing the large file on the forum hardware.

That tank was scary! Glad to see you got it done.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That is a nice job. Hopefully outlasts the hull.