Full cover needed for slipped 2021 228 seafarer

Bruinjay

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company who sells a quality product that fits well off the shelf?

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I bought a Budge cover a few years ago for my 1999 Seafarer, 1200 denier material with elastic drawstring and tie downs, very good quality and fit for the price

Bruinjay

Reaction score
Thank you! I’ll look into Budge. Got any pics? Anyone else have suggestions w pics? Again the boat is kept in the water

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
i have a decent cover from national boat covers, however, the straps go around my trailer frame. you may be able to hang milk jugs from the loops so it doesnt blow off

Coastboater

Reaction score
This is a local business that has a great reputation: https://laporteproducts.com/
No affiliation other than I bought a console curtain from them for a center console.
For slipped/lift kept boats they use sandbags you clip to cover loops to keep the cover taut.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
How "nicely" do you want it to fit? Do you have a hardtop? Most of the over-the-counter styles are probably not going to work very well while your boat is in the slip - which you mentioned is your goal. They'll end up being loose fitting and/or the tie downs will be to close too the water.

Besides, OTC covers won't have the slits in them for your cleats... which of course you need.

Ideally - find a local company and have one custom made. Maybe you'd want it made in two pieces that zipper together? Maybe you want a zipper door sewn in? Having a ratchet strap sewn into the hem to tighten it is the way to go - makes it very tight and EASY to secure. Of course, a custom cover is going to cost more - but then you'll end up with not only a better quality cover, but also better fitting and easier to use cover.

Last edited:
Reactions: enfish

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Thank you! I’ll look into Budge. Got any pics? Anyone else have suggestions w pics? Again the boat is kept in the water
I don’t have a picture with the cover on the boat, I must have deleted it but here is the cover laying in my living room and the shipping label. I recently built a shop for the boat so I sold the cover for what I paid for it.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1185.jpeg
    IMG_1185.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0291.jpeg
    IMG_0291.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 15

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I found a picture with the cover on the boat …
It's kind of hard to tell from a picture that's 15-20' away, but it looks like it's a relatively decent fitting cover, especially for the price, and considering it covers both the bow pulpit as well as the transom bracket/outboard. My boat doesn't have the bow pulpit, which would allow even more of the cover to protect the outboard. I might have to ask Santa for one of those this Christmas, depending if I'm on the good list or not this year.

Ryhlick

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've purchased 2 different covers fro Empire covers and have been very happy. The 1200 denier is very sturdy and has lasted 4 seasons on the Oregon coast.

teaklejr

Reaction score
Fisher Canvas winter covers are the best, super heavy duty and built to last. Not cheap but well worth it. Here is where we got ours from Darren was great to deal with even delivered it from Jersey to MD for free.

Jrodlive

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Cover on my 226 from boat covers.com. I don’t think it’s going to hold up as good as I want it to, but it will get me through this winter. It fit well for a semi custom cover and was under 300 bucks. With my swim platform, kicker mount and 200 merc on the back.. made for a not so tight seal

Coastboater

Reaction score
Maybe check Taylor Made. They are the factory vendor for my bow and cockpit covers, Bimini, Bimini dodger and side curtains. They’re also the vendor for the windshield on my 24 Freedom 215.