Getting ready for re-power,,,, finally!!!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Last weekend, I gutted the helm of my old rigging, getting ready for my new F250xcb motor sitting at dealer in Charleston.

The old 704 binacle had a longer footprint than the new digital control. Had some leftover material from the dash flush mount project so made a plate to cover, and mounted new binacle.

New wires pulled to motor, new battery cables are in and ran a new fuel line from bulb back to motor. That was the last piece of fuel line left that needed replacing. New digital Command Link gauges are in and fuel tank sending units are connected.

Hope to swap motors mid January. It's been a long wait, but fortunately my F225 is still running well and I could still use the boat. But, looking forward to the new motor.

The last 2 pics show difference in old 704 and new digital controls.

20221210_174342.jpg20221211_152027.jpg20221211_161130.jpg

20221210_133110.jpg20221211_160720.jpg

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks great. Did you have a choice between the single (Garmin) screen and the dual tach/speed setup? And any particular reason to choose one over the other?

Reactions: Ky Grady

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Love the sleek look of the new digital control! Good luck with the upgrade. One big mistake I made when i upgraded to 4.2L engines, I did not install a new transom cap when the old engines off.

Last edited:

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Love the sleek look of the new digital control! Good luck with the upgrade. One big mistake I made when i upgraded to 4.2L engines, I did not install a new transom cap when the old engines off.

Seafarer owners dont have this worry. Brackets for life!

Reactions: Legend and Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks great. Did you have a choice between the single (Garmin) screen and the dual tach/speed setup? And any particular reason to choose one over the other?

I did inquire about the screen, and was told by dealer, that they have had issues with the screen in the past and never have had issues with the dual gauge setup. So I went with the dual gauges. That's the only reason why. I was making a new gauge panel anyway, so I could have gone either way.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Very nice and clean install. You must be pumped. Good luck with the balance of the installation. Full pics hopefully to come?

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Looks good!!

Because I am "nut" , I'd take a small paint brush and paint the screws black, so they would "disappear". Yes, opinions are like... (you know the rest)

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks good!!

Because I am "nut" , I'd take a small paint brush and paint the screws black, so they would "disappear". Yes, opinions are like... (you know the rest)

Already thought about that. Will be a warmer temperature project for sure.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Very nice and clean install. You must be pumped. Good luck with the balance of the installation. Full pics hopefully to come?

Trying to keep the excitement at bay,, but it keeps creeping back. Definitely pics to follow.