Grady White 265 Express

juannypablo

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
To all my 265 owners out there, specifically the ones who still have the 200 hpdi's on them What props are you runnin? I have 4 blade 14" x 17p props on now and was wondering what kind of numbers you guys were getting d

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
My props on my 265 with HPDI's is a 14"x17-M. I'm seeing 1.4 mpg at cruise. The prop feel perfect for the motor and boat

SeaVee

Reaction score
I have that set up with 3 blades. Looking at 4 blades, did you notice any improvement with the 4 blades?

captain swag

Reaction score
Mercury Rev 4 17 pitch. 4000 rpm avg 1.5 to 1.8 mpg. Twin Optimax 225s

juannypablo

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I have that set up with 3 blades. Looking at 4 blades, did you notice any improvement with the 4 blades?
Sorry for the slow response. I bought the boat with the 4 blades so not sure of the improvement that was why i was asking the question. boat performs well all around just seeing if someone had a better setup

juannypablo

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I am cruising at 27knts or 31mph burning 17-18gph I believe that's at 3700 rpm, I'm not sure though for the life of me I can't remember my cruising rpm. Winter around here it's been 2 months since I have ran her

SeaVee

Reaction score
I am running 3 blades and get about 14 GPH at 3800, 24ish knots. Looking for some stern lift since everyone is always in the cockpit when running

juannypablo

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Thank you all for the reply. Just got the boat in the water middle of July last year and played around a lot with trim on motors and trim tabs. Curious as to how you guys trim the boat in a following vs a head sea. obviously bow up in following but curious if there is anything specific you guys do to the boat when running it to help keep her straight. Don't get many calm days where I'm at so most of the time I'm running in snotty weather.

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
The 265 is a tough boat to handle in snotty weather, constantly course correcting as the bow has a mind of it's own. I typically only use my motors to trim the boat, only touch tabs when folks want to move around while underway. In a following sea the bow will always want to go one way or another so I usually give the motor where the bow is heading a tad bit more throttle to help fight the bow steering. Truthfully speeding up a bit has also helped me keep the boat straight but you can only go so fast in crappy weather.

captain swag

Reaction score
I have an 01 265. It's a joy in really rough seas. Trim the engines up and keep the bow up. It's the V that grabs a swell and makes it swerve. We do 30kts in fours and fives. Power up and stay on top. It's unnerving and counter intuitive at first..but works.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Thank you all for the reply. Just got the boat in the water middle of July last year and played around a lot with trim on motors and trim tabs. Curious as to how you guys trim the boat in a following vs a head sea. obviously bow up in following but curious if there is anything specific you guys do to the boat when running it to help keep her straight. Don't get many calm days where I'm at so most of the time I'm running in snotty weather.

Put the tabs UP (so they do nothing) and pull the fuse out. Use your motor trim. You will have no problems.

As said above..go fast not slow.

I put the new motors "toe out" ( lengthen tie bar 1/2") It goes straight at idle speed now

GET AUTOPILOT!!!!!! A good one...don't cheap out...

I have 4 blades and they are a huge improvement when heavy with gas and ice and in real sea conditions. I tested several 3 blades first.
I have Suzuki 4 strokes so they are sized very differently than Yamaha HPDIs
Mine are 4 x 15.25 x 22

Last edited:

captain swag

Reaction score
X 2 on Rev 4 blade props! Increases lift. Less boat in the water at cruise.

grady_22

Reaction score
Probably by myself over here, but I am using Yamaha hubs with Evinrude Rebel 15.5 x 17 inch 3 blades with twin OX66 225 getting a little bit over 1.2 nmpg medium load average sea state in a 2000 265. Prior to getting the 265 I had done extensive prop testing with my various ETECs on my 244 Explorer and the Rebels always outperformed on economy. Figured if they were good for the Evinrude 2 strokes they would be good for the Yamahas as well. Plus they are cheap and easy to find.