Grady White - Help with Model Choices

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just sold my 226, the boat could handle a lot more than I was willing to go out in. Lots of fishing space as well. 1B7C785E-C1ED-4BBB-99E0-D5523A992020.jpeg

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just recently acquired a 1999 228G Seafarer from an insurance sale without power. The boat was written off because the owner hit a log and tore the outboard off the pod. I had to fabricate a bracket to bolt onto the pod to hang the main engine. It took me 5 years to find a suitable boat although I had a chance a couple years ago to buy a turn key 228 for a lot more money. I previously had a 542 Campion for 11 years but now have grown adult children that are married so wanted a bigger boat. I first looked at the 208 and the 226 but didn’t like the flip down motor well on those boats that was needed to raise the main engine. The 228G being podded is a great boat that I have had on the ocean on the West Coast of B.C. Vancouver Island and handles big water with ease. You will love the boat as it has lots of room for 6 people , a great boat.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Cuddly for me. You can shelter in the snoot. I like the options with the walks and am totally biased. The bow riders are nice but in that class of boat there are a lot of manufacturers and I wouldn't necessarily pick a GW.

Bird Blaster

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Cuddly for me. You can shelter in the snoot. I like the options with the walks and am totally biased. The bow riders are nice but in that class of boat there are a lot of manufacturers and I wouldn't necessarily pick a GW.

I love the Grady look and quality. I am definitely leaning towards the cuddy and I think the 228 or a 258 if I can find one.

Out of curiosity what other bowrider options would you consider that also does offshore (great lakes fishing) well?

Thanks
BB