GreatGrady think tank question? Outriggers?

Fishtales

Reaction score
I was addressing the reasons why folks get them and the options not you specifically. I went with the hard top top guns and telescoping poles as I use them 5-10 times a season. As such I wanted them out of the way when not needed. When I troll I only use one set of lines off the riggers, (2) outrodders and (2) straight in the gunnel. More than enough in the water as when you do hook up, you gotta get the others in quickly to avoid the tangle.

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
No worries. Didn't think that. I know I'm not the typical Grady-White owner being landlocked in Kentucky. I enjoy working on my boat and doing upgrades to it. It's my hobby of sorts. When my boat hits the water, I like to know it's ready for anything and be user friendly at the same time. Hate a cluttered deck with crap laying around underfoot. OCD,,,, probably,,,but that's how I roll.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Just looked at the Outrodders. Now I understand what you guys are saying. Definitely will add the third rod holder where the gunnel mounts were. Those rods will be on the hardtop outriggers, the outrodders will be middle holder and the rears will be the flatlines out the back. More bait in the water. My crew is going to have to up their game clearing the rods when we have a fish on.

brdawg2001

Reaction score
I use them extensively for offshore fishing. I run 2 baits and a teaser off of each...as well as dredges off of each corner..have a center rigger as well....so, 7 rods, 2 teasers and 2 dredges

blindmullet

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I would say the only downside to the hardtop mounted version is the up keep (Not that there's much). A lot of people don't ever use them and they can lockup. My brother in law bought a Sheaffer and had to send them in to be refurbed.

That's gonna be a nice setup!!