GW 208 or Parker 2120

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Has anyone owned both and can talk to the pluses and benefits of each? I know the pilothouse is the main difference - what about build, ride quality and comfort.

The Parker 2120 is the only other boat I can see myself looking at this time based on my current needs.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Has anyone owned both and can talk to the pluses and benefits of each? I know the pilothouse is the main difference - what about build, ride quality and comfort.

The Parker 2120 is the only other boat I can see myself looking at this time based on my current needs.
Parker was one of my dreamboats. Then I rode in one. Did not like the stepdown cabin at all. Not good for a captain who also likes to reel in fish.
The Steigercraft Maimi DV is a better fit.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
2320 was on my short list. I liked it, wife said it looked like a tugboat. The cabin would be nice for fall fishing. Got to fish one in the Gulf out of John's Pass. Pretty comfortable ride, the gunnels are short for me, hit me at the knee on the coaming pads, I could feel where I was leaning and trying not to hyperextend my knee backwards, my Grady coming pads hit me above knee, more comfortable when fighting a fish. The step down and low door would be a head knocker for me. All boats are a compromise. Parker's have as big a following as Grady. Go to www.classicparker.com for loads of info and another good group of guys like us. Ask questions there about the 2120.

Reactions: Bloodweiser

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
My buddy has had several Parkers. I've spent some time on them. I think the build quality on the Parkers is a little better. What are your guys experience or thoughts on it. Also, think you need some more hp with similar sized boat.

Lite Tackle

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
They are two completely different boats and I find when somebody is trying to decide between the GW walk around and a Parker Pilothouse they have not really thought about their needs and/or seen them in person or been aboard.

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
They are different. Walk around vs pilothouse, pluses and minuses of each. I own a 208 and fished the 2120 plenty. That's why I am looking for others opinion,

The pilothouse was easier to walk around than the 208, and had more space inside. I like the open air feel and the layout of the 208. But I don't like some areas of GW where I think they took shortcuts. The most obvious is the transom cap and unfinished bilge. I don't have that level of detail on the Parker, what are those areas of the Parker that may have issues that only an owner of one would know. I have seen some build issues on a new Parker 18, no sealant on rod holders and cleats.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Parkers are ok but a bit spartan. I like the Steiger better. All boats are a compromise. Ridem all, check your numbers and buy what fits.

Reactions: Sdfish

Sdfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Yeah - for sure - no perfect boat for sure. I do love the Grady - SV2 hull, easy to tow, more comfortable cabin, economical, build.. But I also love the spartan fishing boats. Too many boats, not enough $$ or time!

Punch53

Reaction score
The amount of lack of attention to detail on the Grady is astounding. My buddy's Pursuit's bilge is finished better than the outside of my Grady. If Grady spent just an hour more in labor and a hundred or so in materials-but they won't. I have a couple of friends with Parkers. The reason the tit and finish looks so nice on them is that there is nothing below decks that is accessible. so how can it possibly look bad. Look at a Parker with the deck cut open for a fuel tank replacement and the Grady starts to look a little better.