GW Sportsman 180 Pro's & Con's

River-daze

Reaction score
Thanks. - I hope to get out this afternoon if the rain lets up. I need to arrange gear and figure out the storage situation (limited as you all know). I was thinking about securing a cooler under the helmsman seat /leaning post. Anyone come up with a better idea of how to use that space for storage?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you want it to stay dry, it needs to go inside the e-box or the console.

I have a cooler under the leaning post that we use for food and drink. Front fishbox and livewell are used for storage unless we are going fishing, then they are used for their intended purpose....

capeguy

Reaction score
River,
I spent some time experimenting to figure out how to use that space. I got one of those lobster/fish tote boxes that has handles and holes in the bottom for drainage. I bungeed it in under the seat. The bungees are not so tight that I can't pull it out to put tackle, small cooler, and other things, and the bungee keeps it from sliding out.

If I'm doing the family trip to the Spit, my second anchor, bow step,, fenders, etc go in there.

I didn't go with a cooler, as I use the one in front of the console.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Congratulations!

capeguy said:
perfect for trips to the Spit

I've made a couple of trips to the Spit to meet up with a friend who launches out of Green Harbor. WOW! That place is pretty wild on the weekends!

Again, congrats!

River-daze

Reaction score
I tried the cooler today but I think it was to small (only 20" wide). I may try the fish tote as well.

Capeguy - is your boat on the center float in front of N. River Marine? My boat is on a mooring at Mary's 2nd one on the shore side - Blue covers.

Did anyone get out much this weekend?

capeguy

Reaction score
No that's my friend's boat, same as yours with the 150. Mine is on the Cape now, will be in late June.

River-daze

Reaction score
journeyman said:
Congratulations!

capeguy said:
perfect for trips to the Spit

I've made a couple of trips to the Spit to meet up with a friend who launches out of Green Harbor. WOW! That place is pretty wild on the weekends!

Again, congrats!

Thanks, The spit always seems to be packed on the weekends. Crazy is right!!