Hardtop rod holders

bdevlin5983

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ok, hopefully someone can help me here... I have searched the web high and low, and cannot seem to find some decent hardtop rod holder (rocket launchers), like the ones pictured below. I would like install a bar like this onto the hardtop of my Overnighter, as the exisitng rod holder capacity is severly lacking, to say the least. If anyone knows where I can order something like this from, I would be appreciative.

Ohh, and I am not looking to spend a fortune either, lol.

Four-hole%20rocket%20launcher.jpg

Thanks,

Bren

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Did you call them? Sometimes they have stuff that is not on their website, or might have been fabricated for some one else that did not get closed.

Roadworker

Reaction score
Try this guy he is also on Ebay but his web site is
www. jurassiccarp.com

his price seems pretty fair. When i get some more csah i am gonna order from him.

ahill

Reaction score
I got mine from a Grady dealer that took them off another Grady at a customer's request.
Check with some dealers first.

gw204

Reaction score
Call Don Battin at Pipe Dreams Marine. He will custom make a rocket launcher for you.

www.pipedreamsmarine.com

I had him do a T-Top and leaning post for my old boat and his work was phenomenal and the cost was very reasonable.

Stonewall

Reaction score
Mr Carroll is the husband of Chris Carroll (the President of Grady) Sometimes a conflict of interest is a good thing!!! You can bet that Mr Carroll makes a good product

-Dan

Reaction score
I would like to purchase the same in the future. What did it cost you? Thanks.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Too bad. Looks like you were quoted GW list. I'd counter at $400-450 and if no deal, then go elsewhere. There is more than enough in that number if you ask me. With this economy you'd think it would be more reasonable.

Go have them fabricated at a local shop. They will come down, take measurements and do it right. If you can find a boat and take some pics, you may be able to get some quotes via the net.

I ran into the same thing with hard top outriggers. I got the taco 270 bases, 15 telescoping poles, rigging kit, top wedges and back plates for well less than $1k all in and it was 2.5K for them to be installed if I did it with the dealer.

-Dan

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! That is more than I wanted to spend as well. I got a quote from a Grady dealer of $600+ a couple of month's ago. I'm going to try a fabricator & see what they say, unfortunately, that is beyond my skill level.