Higher Fuel Prices

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I would just like to take a moment and give a big thanks to my friendly little T 8 kicker. She has proven time after time to be a reliable fuel sipping buddy that can troll for hours on the fumes of the F 200. Bless you my child!

fastexas57

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Marina regular gasoline in Port Aransas, TX is currently (as of 4/1/22) going for $4.75 - $4.99 gallon. Anyone else want to chime in on their local prices?

deepdesire

Reaction score
Model
Islander
A recent sale of the rights for wind turbines off the coast of New Jersey went for more than 4 billion dollars. Energy companies must see this as a viable source of future energy to make that kind of investment. The federal government now has that $4 billion to invest in renewable energy sources without tapping the taxpayers. I share the concern of all Americans with the dramatic rise in gas prices and this concern should contribute to more research and development of renewable and alternative energy resources as well different oil sources.Fossil fuels though have been proven to be the most detrimental to the environment, contribute to global warming and most of all are finite. And on a selfish point of view, right now boats and ships can only be powered by three different means, fossil fuels, nuclear and wind. I am no sailer, I doubt if they have nuclear reactors available for 23’ center consoles so we need them to save US the gas.
The effect of fossil fuels on climate change is a topic of much debate. I think if you look at the incentives givin to these foreign companies for the installation of these offshore turbines you will find that they will be a burden to the taxpayer. Most concerning is the negative effect of sub marine high voltage cables, driving piling and casings and obstruction of waterflow in nearshore areas that support most of our local ground fish.

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
For what it's worth, Marina regular gasoline in Port Aransas, TX is currently (as of 4/1/22) going for $4.75 - $4.99 gallon. Anyone else want to chime in on their local prices?
Couldn't say here in NY, it's not open yet. Normally it's about $1 more per gallon.

paydaze77

Reaction score
i just paid 4.77 in ocean county nj yesterday!

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Canyon Club, Cape May - neighbors 952 gallon $6,295 fill up! Aren't you glad you stayed with a smaller boat? The real kick in the butt was they didn't catch either.

Fuel Prices.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: family affair

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
203$ About half tank. $5.85 gallon. Md Chesapeake Bay.

Sauza45

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
I know the feeling 1048.00 to fill my boat, that is some expensive grouper, But worth it.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I am going to Keys next week for the rest of July. I probably won't change my boating . What will happen is I won't eat out as much and stuff like that . Fuel costs are an issue . 125 gallons at $3 is one thing . 125 gallons at $7 is something very different. Over 2 weeks there I burn around 3 tanks . I suspect I will burn around 4 to 5 tanks . That's around a $3,500 fuel bill for me . Don't look forward to that at all.

Reactions: greauxpete

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Smokey, that's like 1800+ miles in a Seafarer. Are you starting the Great Loop from the keys? :)
Regardless, I'm jealous but sincerely wish you a great trip. Keep us updated.
One of these days I hope to pick your brain about keys excursions.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Smokey, that's like 1800+ miles in a Seafarer. Are you starting the Great Loop from the keys? :)
Regardless, I'm jealous but sincerely wish you a great trip. Keep us updated.
One of these days I hope to pick your brain about keys excursions.
Wonder when the navy will go electric together with Air Force. I'm sure they are forerunners in this admin priorities.
I guess answer to pricing in general is if it is worth it then you pay, just as with good whiskey etc...........
now we are at European level in prices though. $6.6x for marine here A few days ago. have not seen a slowdown here yet.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
The Navy is already electric.
Prices have come down here about $0.80. They aren't giving it away, but it is a little easier to swallow. Regardless it won't stop me from enjoying a short and less congested season. Weather forecast looks amazing here. My kids will just have to live with inheriting a little less when I croak!

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Electric produced by fossil fuels, and some nuclear yes. All planes are not etc... military in general would have been a better word to use. Bio fuels are also being developed as we speak but in general only a few % points of all energy used is "renewable" And that is still so for a long time.
U are right inheritance is attacked, I guess that's why kids are questioning my hobbies.
h

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
$ 5.36 on the water near me. I believe it was 87 octane. not to bad